𝟒𝟗

a/n: Char's outfit for the chapter is above!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄━═☆

Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock.

Charlotte hadn't taken her eyes off of the small yellow colored wall clock. Tick tock. It had been hours and she wouldn't bat an eyelash. Tick tock. Paulina said to focus her emotions on one, possibly a good one but all she could feel was pain, guilt, and shame for every word that ever left her lips in the past three months.

Tick tock. She remembered everything that she did but worst of all, Charlotte remembered liking it. Tick tock. Paulina walked into the room, holding a tray in her hands as she smiled weakly, "I made you cookies?"

Charlotte glanced at the brunette vampire before looking back at the clock on the wall.

Paulina sucked in a deep breath before sitting down beside her, "Remember when I would make these and sit down to hold you and Angie...through it all."

She chuckled softly, placing a hand over her mouth, "You remember that?"

The Gilbert smiled, crossing her legs together on the bed, "Of course I do. You both ruined my dress with tear stains," She paused as Charlotte smiled, looking down at her hands, "But I wouldn't have wanted it any other. Just the three of us...happy or sad, we were together."

"It feels like ages ago..."

"It was ages ago."

Charlotte's smile faded slowly as she asked, "What would she say if she saw me now...huh, she probably won't even recognize me."

"Angie was not judgemental, she was understanding, unique, and her mind just worked in its own way," Paulina stated, taking hold of Charlotte's hand, "She would love you either way."

"That would be hard," She sighed, turning to Paulina, "Even I hate myself."

"Take it from the queen of self-loathe... it's not worth it. None of this is," Paulina replied, folding her arms together, "Because in the end, when all is said and done. You will only have you and you is the most important thing in the world...you can never love anyone before you love yourself."

"And what about Elijah?"

Paulina gave her a small smile, claiming, "Loving him made me love myself. He taught me that it's okay to make mistakes, to fall, and to get back up. I just had to fail another million times to get it right but he was there each one of them."