Chapter 10 || Third Wheeling

Follow me on Instagram: @brookitoz

please vote on this chapter!!! it makes me smile! ❤️

————

Did I just friendzone Adrian Black? Did I? Yes. Yes I did. Do I like it when he looks at me like an excited but also disappointed puppy? Absolutely. But do I want him in my friendzone?

No, I do not.

But right now, I'm just happy that I made a new friend. Dylan is amazing once he gets past his cringy pick up lines and gives up on having kids with me. Because I'd much rather have kids with Adrian... hold up. What?

I should get my hormones under control because I'm quite sure Adrian Black doesn't feel horny around me.

"Anyway, so I went inside the store and it turns out they were completely out of shampoo. So I bought my mom some dog shampoo instead, and she still hasn't noticed. But it do be hitting her hair differently though," Dylan explains. "Do you have any funny stories at the store?"

"Well..." Not really, I have literally no funny stories for him to hear. I used to work in a grocery store, and an art supply store. Nothing interesting happens there, and when I got to buy things they're usually for myself and they're the bare necessities. Of course, I bought cigarettes and beer for my dad, but there is no way in hell a funny story would come up there. "Once I saw a hairy dog?"

"That's not funny..." He scrunches his nose. "But that's okay. You and I can make a lot more funny memories together. How about I take you shopping right now?" Adrian glares at him. "As a friend of course."

"Only if that jerk comes along," I tell Dylan, gesturing to Adrian.

"I have other things to do." Me and Dylan both give him puppy eyes and his shoulders slump. "Fine," He grumbles and I cheer. "But not right now, Bailey has to see a doctor."

"What happened? Did you get hurt? Did this fucker hurt you?" Dylan questions.

"I had a panic attack," I mumble. "So Adrian thought it'd be amazing to call a doctor. I mean, really? If that doctor asks me to rest, then I'm going to sue."

"Why won't you rest?"

"Because I've been in fucking bed for the past month and half. I was in a coma for the first month actually... and the next two weeks were that ass's fault," I gesture to Adrian Black.

"Damn, I'm sorry. Did you guys have sex for two weeks straight or something...?" Wait. Where is Dylan's mind?

"What?!" Adrian exclaims.

"No! He broke my ribs!" I quickly tell Dylan, trying to shoo away any more dirty thoughts that are lingering in his mind. Probably impossible though.

"So... no sex?"

"No!"

Before he's ready to ask something else, the doorbell rings. "I got it!" Dylan shoots up from his seat and runs towards the door. "Hey, it's a cute lady in a nurse costume."

"I'm actually a doctor," The lady replies in a dark tone. Then she turns to Adrian Black. "D-did you call?"

————

"I can deal with the medication, but you suggest rest and I'll put you to permanent rest!" I snarl, and the doctor looks up at Adrian. He turns to the wall, and begins to admire it as if it's some sort of art. Please.

"But you need to give your brain a rest."

"Sure, I'll do no hard thinking, but you tell me stay in bed, and I'll sue."