Empty Heart Part 2

At the end of the day as you walked through the corridors, a pretty little bushy-haired girl stopped you by yelling a sharp, "Hey! Stop!" You let her out of curiousity. "You're Y/N Black right?" You nodded. "Can I talk to you? Alone?" You shrugged. "Sure. Where?" Her warm hand grasped yours and suddenly heat spread through your chest like fire, coursing through your veins.

           You tried to calm yourself down, and you realized she lead you to the Room of Requirement. There were two armchairs there, facing each other. She nudged you in the direction of the chairs, and you obediently sat down. She sat across from you, staring with concentration in her eyes. You cleared your throat.

            "So, why am I here? With a stranger that I have no idea what her name is?" Hermione smiled. "I'm Hermione. Hermione Granger." You nodded, a look of sudden recognition flashing across her face. "Ah, I see. Muggle-born, but also the Brightest Witch Of Our Age. Impressive." Hermione blushed slightly, making a spark of warmth thaw your icy heart. 

          "I...I wanted to get to know you." You laughed, a dry, empty laugh. "You want to know why I act like I have no heart, don't you?" Hermione nodded sheepishly. You looked down at the ground. "I don't know. I never care, and I never will. That's the way I am."

         "Were you born this way?" You shook your head. "No, I wasn't born without a heart. I wasn't always like this. I wasn't born with all these flaws." You felt your eyes well up for the first time in seven years. You kept quiet for a long moment, before Hermione broke it. "Your silence is fatal."

       You croaked out a response. "I don't really care how my silence kills. It's the way I am. I'm broken." Hermione looked alarmed. "You sound like a living nightmare." You looked up at her, quiet tears running down your face. You hadn't realized how easy it was to trigger the bad memories. You had ignored the lingering past for years. Now it was all coming back.

        "I know what you mean by that." you laughed cruelly. Hermione put a hand on your knee, making you flinch. You had forbidden yourself to get too close to others. You'd rather not break. "I'm sorry I-" You cut her off. "Don't touch me."

         She carefully took her hand off your knee, and you quickly stood, wiping your tears with your sleeve. "Tell. No. One." you hissed. Then you stormed out.

A/N: Ready for Part 3??