Chapter Thirty-Nine: Immortal

"Chapter Thirty-Nine: There Is No Such Thing As An Immortal Man."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"My bare-love and tough typhoon and wind, 

can only make me run more with my heart,"

-Run, BTS

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The admiring stares quickly turned into fear and the air that was once light turned stiff and tense.

"H-How is she that fast-" A boy managed to wheezed out, almost tripping in the air. Shallow and short breathes were all he could take as he gave his all to running. 

"Just keep running-" Another man said, running over the roots of the trees, breaking into a cold sweat. It was fast. Way too fast. In a matter of moments, everything went into disarray.

How is that possible? Their strategy and positions were perfect, the spaces from each member of the team were as small as it can be, enough to move around at any signs of the attacking team making a move. But, in just seconds, that formation was completely ruined just by a single person.

They stopped in their tracks when a figure in black showed themselves in front of them. They stumbled back, legs unable to move,  making them fall to the ground.

"P-please, spare us-" One of them managed to stutter out, a hand stretched out while trying to crawl away before the figure in front of them disappearing, making them look around in confusion as they try to find where the figure went but then stiffen when they felt a presence, a hand clamping down on their shoulders, one word as quiet as the wind but as cold as ice.

"Tag,"

-

"Seriously, is she really human?" Jungkook groaned out as he panted, laying down on the grass, the troops around him panting much harder as he does. Jimin whined as he slumped down, legs folded up to his chest as he panted, his own troops laid around him, most of them passed out.

"I don't even know anymore." Jimin looked around to see more people pour onto the field from the forest that surrounds them, panting, whining, groaning in exhaustion, one by one, failure visible in their faces.

"Luna!" A pair of voices rang out, making the brothers look up to see your groupmates greet you as you appeared from the trees, hugging yourself tightly, waving at both of them.

"How did the two of you did?" You asked them as you pulled your mask down, a  small smile dancing on your lips as you saw their proud expressions.

"I got to tag a whole team, Luna!" Heejul boasted, pointing at himself as he panted, still tired from the game but didn't stop the bright smile on his face. Reeve raised her hand, face flushed but bearing the same smile Heejul held.

"I tagged almost two teams, Luna." You hummed at their accomplishments, clapping your hands as you chuckled at their excitement.