Chapter Three - Pain

"I'm Pregnant"

Those two words were spoken.

He was frozen. Shocked and speechless.

"Roberto!, Are you listening to me!" The annoyed woman screeched.

"ROBERTO!"

"Dammit woman! I heard you"

How could this happen.
I'm getting to old for this shit now.

The annoyed woman started crying when she saw her husbands reaction. She sobbed dramatically trying to gain his attention but all he did was rub his temples angrilly.

Roberto

5 months ago my life changed.
News that changed everything.

I couldn't even process the news when I'd heard.

Looking at the fire pit, I drank my finest bourbon thinking about today's events.

Don't get me wrong, I was angry at first I mean I'm getting older by the day.
How can I have a child?!

But deep down I think it's more than that.

Maybe I didn't want a child with her..

That day I'd just come back from killing five of my stupid men who couldn't follow orders.

I bloodily walked into my home angry when I heard my wife running up to me, delivering the news that would change everything.

I couldn't think straight. I was so angry at what happened at the shipment, none of this had processed into my brain.

Gulping down the last of my bourbon, I pulled out the picture that made this old mans heart beat faster.

The innocent figure, in black and white peacefully curled into a fetus position..

I mean how could u have been angry about this. Maybe they were all right. My hearts made out of stone.

It wasn't always like this. Not with her atleast.

Maria.

That name feels so foreign on my tongue but it never stops my heart from throbbing.

I regret it all. The amount of times I've had to drink to the point she stops invading my brain hurts.

I miss her. Goddamit do I miss her.
The love of my life.

Still is to this day even though another woman carries the surname now.

Alenza De Reggio.

No amount of times will that name feel like a stab in my heart.

She ruined what was good in my life. The only thing that made me feel less of the Ruthless, Cold Italian Don I am.