Chapter 25

"you okay?" she felt hands on both of her shoulders as she looked up, Jaemin stood upon her with a smile. She gave him a short nod, turned back down to face her books once again. Jaemin let out a sigh and laid his head on top of hers just watching what she was doing. All he saw were books and sheets of paper scattered everywhere full of math equations, scribbles and diagrams, now he knew how much serious she was for her finals. Its her last year after all, and then she can finally graduate.

Its been months since Jaemin was announced that he was healed from his condition, time flies so fast and its now the end of September. The boys returned to Seoul and they went on their separate ways. A full schedule, that's it. They didn't speak about what happened in Chuncheon and Kun didn't even mention anything to anyone about Shinrae. He finally accepted that it may be a small coincidence, but he thought of her at times. Everything just went silent, everything was going back to normal. But still, time was ticking.

"don't push yourself okay, take a break when you're tired," he advised. She turned her chair, now facing him. With a tired expression on her face, she managed to smile and went to wrap her arms around his waist while resting her head on his torso.

"i just want to get this over with," she murmurs softly. She was nervous, very. She had a goal that is, she made a promise to herself back then and she needed to fulfill it. It's for her future. Shinrae has been in her room studying non stop, only went downstairs when she's needed. All in all of course, she became distant with everyone in house and this wasn't a first. It always has been this way. Thankfully, Jaemin didn't mind it at all as he knew that every student had to go through something like this; even himself, everyone does.

"you will, i believe in you," Jaemin spoke as he squats down, cupping her face with his hands. He studied her face for a short moment, she was tired. He could tell. His head turned slightly to look at the clock on her desk as it reads as 10.12pm.

"get some sleep, you need to wake up early tomorrow," he spoke, making eye contact with her as he smiled. She let out a small sigh and smiled back at him.

"you're right," she responded. She spun her chair back to facing her desk, taking a quick scan at all the work she's done. Satisfied, Shinrae began to tidy up her desk. Jaemin stood up and went to give her a kiss on the cheek before exiting the room.

"love you," he said.

"i love you!" she cheers back at him, making him laugh to the sound of yawning at the end of her sentence.

"goodnight," he said while making his way to the door. He closed the door behind him, heading downstairs to the living room to see Soo watching TV alone, without Jin.
He wondered where he was and thought of asking Ms.Soo but a clanking sound startled him. It seems to be coming from the garage. Jaemin walked his way into the garage to see Jin sitting on the ground, panting.

It seems to be that he was still trying to get the car he intended to gift it to his daughter to work. Uncle Jin has been working on it for awhile as we all know of, but not so much lately. Busy with work of course. Jaemin sat down beside him as he eyed the car.

"lookin good," he compliments.

"its done," he breathed out. Eyes widen in surprise, Jaemin turned to Jin with his mouth agaped. He clarified his words to the young man, making sure what heard was right. With excitement he gave Jin a huge hug and congratulate him on his work. Another piece of work finally paid off.

"can you drive Jaemin?" Jin asked him as they let go from their hug.

"......not legally," Jaemin answered him as he nervously laughed. It's true, he had the skills. He was able to do it himself but he didn't have the time to apply for his driver's license.

"yet," Jin points out, Jaemin responds with a nod.

"if you want to, you can help and teach my daughter on your free time, after her exams of course,"he suggests.

"i would love to,"

-

Shinrae walked down the hallway with her eyes glued onto her notes. She has maths on her first day. With hours of prep she had last night and the little words of comfort from Jaemin had eased her mind a bit, turns out she wasn't as nervous as she thought she would when she woke up this morning. Scanning on the page of her handwritten notes, she was startled by someone who suddenly snatched her notes away from her hands. Annoyed, she looked up to see the ex boyfriend, Seok In.

The look on his face, smirking made her blood boil. The students who passed by gave them looks, they still knew who the two were as it was the talk of the school once a few months ago. Shinrae was getting impatient, she rolled her eyes and looked at him.

"you've been looking so happy lately, what's up?"

"none of your business," she spat as her hand began to reach up, trying grab her notes from his hand but he raises it up the more she tries.

"well what about you? does mira satisfy you or....i don't know," she stopped trying to reach up and stood there with arms crossed. Her eyes made contact with his as she tried to test him. Sensing his hand lowers in defeat, she immediately snatched it away from him and continues.

"-dissatify, perhaps leaves you hanging?" she teased. Seok In was furious, he felt embarrassed by her words as he started to notice the other students whispering.

"you little bitc-" he cussed as his arm raised. Shinrae stood there still, feels unbothered nor scared by him.

"babe what are you doing?" the sound of a female voice appears from afar as the two turned their attentions to her. It was non other than Mi Ra. She stood next to Seok In with her arm wrapped around his as she looked up at her former best friend.

"why are you here?" she said, giving Shinrae a look.

"ask your boyfriend, looks like he's still obsessed with me," she spat. Seok In stood there in disbelief. Mi Ra didnt believe her one bit, she refuses to believe something like that, especially coming from her.

"stop making up stories, shinra-"

"only friends call me by that name so don't," she cuts off.

"whatever, goodluck for the exams folks," she said as she starts to walk away from the two as she gave them a short wave.

"this isn't over!" Seok In yells from afar.

"oh fuck yeah it is," she yelled back. Shinrae made it into her classroom and sat down on her seat next to her friends. They had 15 minutes to spare before the exams start.

"what took you so long?" Sun Oh questions her instantly on the spot with Hyejin turning her attention to her friend. She took out her pencil case and puts her bag away as she sighed.

"i had to deal with some people in the hallways," she spoke with her arms crossed as she took turns to look at her friends.

"they're fuckin annoying,"