Part 53

I woke up from a nightmare, Cedric had died in the task, I was crumbled and Amos was screaming and crying.

I opened my eyes and rubbed them, I was all hot and sweaty and I felt faint.....

I looked over to my clock and saw it was 4am..... shit.

I couldn't go back to sleep, worrying if the nightmare would occur again, scared that it was true.

I pulled out my wand and left my dorm, I knew the twins wouldn't be awake and didn't want to annoy them and plus I was scared, what if my dream was true....

I snuck out the common room, the fat lady woke up once I shut the portrait.

"Where are you going?! It's 4am get back in!" She hissed.

"Please I just need to check up on someone in the hospital wing...." my eyes were red and puffy from crying in my sleep so she pitied me and let me go.

I walked up to the hospital wing and checked first if madam pomfrey was around to which luckily for me, she wasn't.

No one else seemed to be in the hospital wing exept for Cedric so I opened the door wider and slid inside, shutting it behind me.

"Y/n?"

I turned around to face Cedric who was sat up, reading a book.

He smiled at me and placed the book down so I walked over to him.

"Ced I had- I had a nightmare, you were dead and-" I panicked and cried and began to shake when the nightmare came back to me, it felt all too real.

"Hey shh shh no I'm right here see? Come here."
I looked through my teary eyes to see him with his arms open, I cried harder and hugged him tightly.

He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my head.

"Shh it's ok.... I'm here.... feel that?" He placed my hand on his heart which was beating.

"You feel that don't you? I'm here and I'm ok, nothings happened, nothings going to happen either it was just a dream y/n shh." He stroked my hair and I gripped his chest, still wanting to feel his heart beating.

"Come here and you can hear it better." He lay my head down onto his chest and I stopped shaking at the sound of his heartbeat and slowed my breathing and cries.

"That's it. It's ok." He shushed me and I looked up at him.

He was smiling and whispered to me again.

"Get some rest, your exauhsted."

I shook my head and gripped tighter.

"Hey hey hey I'm not going anywhere, I promise you I'll be here when you wake up ok? I won't let anyone separate us ok? Just sleep."

I nodded slightly and shut my eyes, going slowly to sleep at the sound of his heart still pumping.

-

"Y/n...."

I shot up quickly at the sound of Cedric calling my name.

"Mhm? What's wrong are you ok?" I sat up next to him with fear in my eyes.

"Hey calm down. I'm fine. Dumbledore wants us all gathered in the hall for a speech about last night I'm assuming." He sighed.

"Madam pomfrey gave us both our uniforms, you can go get dressed and I'll wait for you."

"Ok Ced."

I grabbed the clothes and went behind a curtain of the next bed and got dressed.

"Ced can you tell me what happened....." I opened the curtain and sat next to him on his bed.