Yaku Morinosuke - Red Collar

AU: Regular/Famous Libero

Requested

Tags/Warnings: GN! Reader

Word Count: 2k+

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

With the monthly release of Japan's young athlete magazine also came the monthly team meeting of the Nekoma boys volleyball club. Matching with their sets of red and white tracksuits, the boys gathered in their club room all huddling around their setter as he held the flimsy plastic-like paper open.

"Oh, they've got some of the highlights of Tokyo's last game, comments from the new players. Flip, flip!" Taketora chanted, pumping his fist in the air at the back of the group.

"Kenma read it."

The setter sighed, dropping his head as he lifted the magazine bit to show off the images as he read the words slowly. "With the new season only just started, and school just around the corner. Tokyo's newest players talk about their first few games in the professional league and balancing school."

"Hmm professional school balancers, I wonder if they tightrope too."

The captain looked over to the wide-eyed boy, who easily stared back with a completely flat expression. "Fukunaga, I think that was the worst one yet. I love it."

"Shh."

Kenma continued. "'I'll be attending classes at a school,' (L/N) says, 'I want to experience my final year as similarly to everyone else as I can before playing full time. It'll be hard, but I'm committed.' Both players are currently attending the schools they have been previously enrolled with in person, and joining team practices in the afternoon."

"Jeez, I can hardly keep up with school as it is. Imagine doing both!"

Kai looked over his shoulder at the bleached mohawk haired boy. "You hardly do school work as it is, you'd be fine."

"I'm trying to read here," Kenma spoke up tiredly, turning his attention to the next page where the article finished off followed by in-game and staged shots of the two athletes. "It looks like Tokyo has a home game in two weeks. Maybe we can grab tickets?"

Kai grabbed the magazine and flipped through some of the following pages as Kuroo slapped Kenma's back with an approving cheer.

"Woah! They actually published the article on our team from nationals last year."

Yaku looked over the arm of his taller friend. Quickly catching sight of a candid shot of him mid-save. "Ouch, I don't look good in that photo."

"They wrote a whole article on you though! 'Nekoma's lead defenceman' is pretty cool."