Chapter 10

It's been two years since the day when (Y/n) became a Jedi Knight alongside her friend, Obi-Wan Kenobi. She had not seen the Jedi since he began training his new padawan, Anakin Skywalker. The elf's mind sometimes wandered back to Obi-Wan, wondering how he was.

(Y/n) was in the Jedi Archives, reading up on different lightsaber techniques. She had read this book three times before, but always felt it was good to check up on old information. When a shadow appeared above her book, she looked up to see Master Plo Koon, her old Master.

"Master Koon, hi!" she said, closing the book and stood up to face the Master.

"Hello, (Y/n). It's good to see you again" he said and she smiled.

"It's good to see you too, Master. Was there something you need?"

"The Council would like to speak to you on a new subject for you." he answered. "I was told not to give any more information than that."

"Um, alright. I'll head there immediately." (Y/n) said. She closed her book and returned it to Jocasta Nu, the librarian of the Jedi Archives. Walking down the corridors, seeing all the young padawans, (Y/n) remembered when she was a young padawan under Plo Koon's guidance.

Approaching the door, she wondered what in the galaxy they wanted her for. Was a there a mission she needed to go on? Was there something wrong? Her questions ceased when she was called in to face the Council.

"Jedi Galad" Master Windu began, and she bowed before the members of the Council. "We have summoned you under for an important matter."

"Believe, we do, that ready to train a padawan, you are." Master Yoda said, (Y/n) was filled with happiness. But she soon controlled her emotions, and gave the Council a smile.

"I am honored that you think I am skilled enough to train a future Jedi, Masters." the elf said to the Council.

"The younglings are in the training grounds currently. Go and pick out which one you would like to become your new apprentice." Master Shaak Ti said to her. (Y/n) bowed and walked out of the council room.

The elf was excited to finally be getting a padawan to train. She hoped she would be as good a teacher as Master Koon had been to her. When she approached the training grounds for the younglings, Master Tera Sinube was watching over them, teaching them the correct uses of lightsabers and the different techniques.

"Ah, Jedi Galad! Good to have you with us" Master Sinube said, shooting a warm smile her way. (Y/n) had always found Master Sinube to be a very kind person. She could hear the whispers of the small boys and girls.

"It's good to be here. I was sent by the Council to chose my new padawan." (Y/n) said.

"Oh, it's finally that time! I was wondering when the Council would send you to me" Sinube said, and (Y/n) let a small laugh escape. Sinube turned back to the children and said "Alright, younglings! Let's see what you have learned."

Some of them were eager to show off in front of the Jedi, but others were more hesitant. One girl caught the elf's eye. It was a small, blue Twi'lek girl who grasped her lightsaber tightly and hid behind some of the other children. (Y/n) smiled at her and she cast her eyes downward, shy in the presence of the Jedi Knight.

The children battled each other, but those that had too much confidence showed their sloppiness in their moves. The young girl still had yet to show what she had learned. (Y/n) got up and walked towards her, bending down to her level.

"Hi there" she said softly, and heard some of the children's mean remarks at the little girl. They were not aware the Jedi Knight could hear every word they were saying.

"Insults will get you no where in life. I suggest you keep your thoughts to yourself and learn to control them." (Y/n) faced the other younglings, who's eyes gazed downward in guilt. She turned back to the Twi'lek, smiling.

"What's your name, young one?"

"R-Rohan" she muttered softly.

"Rohan, I have yet to see your skills with a lightsaber." (Y/n) looked into the girl's eyes.

"I-I don't think I'm good enough to become a great Jedi like you. I'm terrible at it!" Rohan cried. (Y/n) put a hand on the girl's cheek.

"If you believe you are something, then that is exactly what you will become, and I believe that you will become a wonderful Jedi. I would like to see your saber skills, if that's alright with you?"

Rohan hesitantly agreed and walked forward in front of one of the other younglings, who rolled his eyes and ignited his training saber. Rohan activated hers, and the battle started. The boy she was fighting was aggressive and sloppy with is movements, and (Y/n) could see in Rohan's eyes that the girl was scared. However, when she saw the Jedi Knight, she began to fight back harder, and with more and better technique than her opponent. Not long after, Rohan won the battle with a smile on her face.

Master Sinube smiled and tapped his cane to signal the end of the lesson. (Y/n) turned to the old Master and said "I chose Rohan as my Padawan learner".