037 | slow motion

╔══════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

'𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧' ═══════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...D'QAR, ILEENIUM SYSTEM

𝐋𝐘𝐑𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅, palms out on the ledge in front of her. Commander Endellion would know exactly what to do. Calm and collected, she wouldn't betray any hint of doubt. She would have put a realistic spin on a dire situation and come up with a way to move forward in the same breath.

But this wasn't Lyra Endellion. This was Lyra Jai, tired and looking more like she had been kicked down a flight of stairs than a commander without fear.  With her blood-stained and bandaged arm and dirt-caked clothes, all she could do was keep her chin tilted up and try.

Threepio removed the map from Bee's tray, and it was time for her to speak.

"The map is incomplete," she told them.  The faces around her were bathed in the light of the holo that sprawled out in the air above the table.  She didn't need to look up; she had the broken path memorized. "It's a map to Skywalker, just not a whole one. Lor San Tekka thought it to be complete, but it's only part of the way to his location."

The name tasted metallic on her tongue. Skywalker. It didn't help that Leia tried to meet her gaze. Lyra looked away immediately.

"Even worse, it matches no charted system on record," Threepio finished for her, sorely distressed. "We simply do not have enough information to locate Master Luke."

Major Ematt and Connix had been gathered along with Han and Leia. Their attention was on the holo in front of them, faces drawn with dismay. Lyra sighed to herself, looking once again at the map that led to nowhere.

"With time, we can pool resources together and compile a makeshift map of the Unknown Regions," Lyra suggested. "My squadron has done similar things before–"

"This was before the archived data on Hosnian Prime was destroyed," Major Ematt cut in. He immediately winced and pressed a hand to his forehead.  His gray hair was as rumpled as his uniform, the after effects of watching a star system go dark.  "I'm sorry, I didn't need to point out the obvious."

"That's alright, Major," Lyra nodded, biting her inner cheek. "It's the truth, and we just have to work with what we've been given." Because nothing in this damn galaxy can ever be easy.