1 | peter parker

( this could be any peter parker you want, i'm just using andrew garfield for the gif! )

stargazing with your best friend peter after a long day of crime-fighting turns to some unsaid feelings being told

❣︎

YOU STOOD TALL, watching the stars twinkle in the dark sky on the rooftop of your apartment complex. it was a normal thursday night for you, at least you thought it was.

you watched as endless car lights drove down the busy streets of large billboards broadcasting advertisements. the sounds of cars beeping & screeching, trying to get by the endless traffic you knew & loved. the city was far from perfect, but you couldn't imagine another place you would want to live.

truth was, you were hoping to spot your best friend, peter parker, who also happened to be the cities sticky superhero. it was totally by accident, & wasn't suppose to happen; but, the city couldn't be any less safe with him around.

you hadn't heard from peter all afternoon. you had seen him at school but didn't get a chance to have a full conversation with him. it was kind of disappointing since you hadn't had a chance to speak with him all week. it was just a more busy week, with summer vacation coming around the corner & a bunch of visitors from all over wanting to spend the hot summer days into a large crowd of people who are overworked & not paid enough.

you were one of the few who knew that peter was spider-man. it wasn't on purpose, either. you just happened to be in his room one day while he snuck in by the window with his mask off. you were surprised, & a little skeptical of the whole idea of your best friend risking his life every day to keep the city safe. you knew he had good intentions, & you still supported him no matter what.

you loved peter, more than you thought you did. you've had a crush on the boy for about a few years now. were you going to tell him? probably not. the thought of your feelings possibly not being returned by him terrified you; & you didn't want to risk your friendship, so you shoved down all of your feelings & focused on just being there for him like you always have been.

while you were deep into thought, a skinny person in spandex had spotted you, watching from your balcony. his smile grew a little bigger, even if anyone couldn't see because of his mask, which he was grateful for.

he shot a web at the top of a pipe that stuck out from the apartment complex you were in, & swung his body to the rooftop where you were.

you had spotted him swinging towards you, so you moved out of the way before he could crash into you. thankfully, you moved in time, or else he would've hit you, & instead he hit the wall that had the door leading to the stairs going back down into the apartment complex.