Past Experiences

Third person:

At that time, Cara didn't understand why this was happening to her? As far as she remembered, she treated both of them with sincerity. She treated Sofia as a sister. Every time she liked something of her's, she didn't think twice before giving it to her. Even if what she asked was Cara's favourite clothes, shoes or accessories, Cara gave it to her without even blinking. She didn't lack anything anyways. She could always buy new clothes, shoes and accessories. So if her dear friend liked them, why not just give it to her.

Cara never thought that her these very actions were the instigator of all Sofia's jealousy. What she did as friendship, Sofia considered it as charity. She felt as if Cara was simply treating her as a charity case, giving all the things she didn't want to her. It initially started as small inconsequential things. Then she started asking for things that were Cara's favorite. Her favourite dress, her favourite shoe, her favourite accessories, as long as Cara liked something, she wanted it. And Cara being the rich, spoilt but still naive brat that she was, she didn't think twice before giving it to her while buying the exact same one again for herself.

Her teenager self never understood the result of her deeds. She hated it. She hated how Cara wouldn't even bat an eyelash for buying things she couldn't even think of. She hated how easy life was for Cara. She hated Cara for being a show off. She hated that despite having the same father, things were so different between her and Cara. That one negetive thought took root in her mind, plaquing her entire being. And with her mother constantly adding fuel to the fire, she abhored her very existence.

As for Nina, she could be called a typical patriarchal, conservative woman. According her, there was no such thing as a woman working or doing a job to earn a living. The work of a woman was to be good in kitchen and good in bed. Their only job was to cook, clean, look pretty and be good in pleasing a man. Anything apart from that is not their concerns. Her only regret in life was not having a son who could inherit her husband's fortune. She firmly believed that if she had a son instead of a daughter, the old Westby couple would treat her like a real daughter-in-law.

The poor woman didn't know if  the old couple were patriarchal, Cara's mom, who was involved in underworld and had quite a name for herself wouldn't be a part of Westby family. It might be bitter, but the truth is that for her grandparents, only usefulness mattered and her mother's underworld connection was very useful for them. In order to come to the top, not all their dealings were legal and fair. This was where Cara's mother came in.

They had an agreement. Her mother would leave doing what she used to and my just become an honest businesswoman while her underworld connection gave us some kind of protection. As the legitimate daughter, of course Cara was a precious princess was the illegitimate daughter was worse than a prostitute. This was where they were really conservative.

It was not that they didn't know of their son's affairs. But they never interfered. They felt it was alright if their son wanted to mess around. Daina was not a typical simple daughter-in-law. It was impossible that she didn't know about their son's affairs. If she did, they would undoubtedly stand by her side. Since she didn't, they didn't as well. Anyways, it was not as if Daina was a chaste woman herself. Her string of lovers even after marriage was no less than their son. Since the couple had a good tacit understanding on this matter, it was all okay.

What they abhored though was the existence of an illegitimate child. It was like their bad deeds was out for the world to see.

***

After giving them a piece of her mind, Cara sent the trio away from her husband's office. Revenge was best served cold. She felt specially energized after this. Even when her father called she didn't just reject it like always and answered the call. This time she agreed with his request to meet.

"You're going to meet him?" Dominic asked puzzled.

"Yes. Love I almost understand these people. What I don't understand is my father. I never doubted his sincerity for me. What I don't understand is what kind thoughts he had before disowning me." Cara said.

Her father was one person she really couldn't understand. Or rather, she didn't want to understand. For the Cara all those years ago, life was either black or white. Either man loved her or he didn't. There was no in between. There wasn't any selfishness in this love. No ego involved. Only pure and absolute love.

Even after this talk, their relationship won't be as good as before. But she felt it was high time to get some closure. This was the pity of blood ties. You don't choose your family. And you won't have another family. Good or bad, you have what you have. There no getting rid of it. And No matter how good others treat you. It can never be the same.

Even her uncle's care for her because of his gratitude towards her mother. It wasn't unconditional. It was given a a repayment of the debt they had. Daina saved their uncle Tim's life so they returned it by saving her's. Daina gave uncle Tim the comfort of a family so they did the same to her, guarding her and making sure she recovered from her trauma. Only after living together for years did familial love develop between them and they became a family. The initiation however was repayment of a debt.

Her father's attitude back then was greatest shadow on her heart. A shadow she wanted to get rid of now.

A/N: hi guys. No I'm not dead. It's just that past few days have been super hectic. I didn't have any time to spare.

Alright, back to the story, today's chapter was basically written to give you a better understanding of the plot. Next will be my infamous plot twist. Though it may take a few chapters for that to come.

Hope you guys are ready. 😉😉😉😉