TEN

"How the fuck did you get inside my apartment?!"

I screamed, throwing myself backwards to gain as much distance as possible. The wall hit hard against my back, knocking any air I had left out of my lungs.

Instinctively I looked around for something hard and heavy I could use to as a weapon. My quirk wasn't so helpful long distance.

Dabi slowly stood up from the couch, locking eyes with me the whole time he made his way towards me.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" He asked, avoiding my question.

I took a deep breath and tried to relax my body language.

He doesn't know I know. I can just play it off as cool, and ask him to leave. That's the safest thing to do.

He stopped walking, about mid way in my apartment. Probably to see if I was going to come in any closer than just the door. I adjusted my shirt and joined him, keeping a couple feet of distance.

"I've been really busy." I replied, playing with the ends of my hair.

I could feel myself subtly shake. I tensed my muscles to keep him from seeing.

With one swift movement, Dabi closed the gap between us. His chest centimeters from mine, face hovering above me.

There was a buzzing feeling being created between our bodies.

Could he sense my fear?

His finger ran over my bottom lip and he laughed, "You're an awful liar, you know that?"

I swallowed hard, my mind racing to think of a follow up lie good enough to convince him I really was busy and not just avoiding him. But my mind was fuzzy, all of the sensations in my body focused on his thumb on my lip.

Dabi's hand fell and he sighed, scratching the back of his neck, "You found out, huh? It was a matter of time I suppose..."

I blinked hard, dumbfounded by him so easily accepting the situation. Like what happened wasn't a big deal.

All my fear flew out the window and the anger that had been building up these past few days overflowed.

"HOW COULD YOU?!" I shouted, my eyebrows furrowed and hands in fists, "I saw those victims from the robbery! I took care of them, from the burns you caused!"

His face stayed plain and still as he watched me, which made me even angrier.

"Not only that, but you lied to me, Dabi." I practically spat the last word.

"I took care of you and let you into my home! To find out you're this dangerous criminal who hurt people!" I continued.

He stayed quiet.

"FUCKING SAY SOMETHING." I demanded, getting in his face.

Dabi let out a small puff of air, "But you didn't call the police."

I lowered myself back down, caught off guard, "Huh?"

Grinning deviously, he continued, "You didn't call the police. You've had days. Why didn't you? You knew it was me. You knew I'd show up here."

My throat got dry.

"Because, well,—"

Dabi's hand caressed down my cheek, almost in a mocking way, "You have feelings for me don't you ____? How adorable is that."

I angrily jerked my head from his hand and pushed him away from me. His body barely moving an inch backwards.

His bright blue eyes caught intensely with mine and he shrugged, "I'm a bad person. Does it make a difference?"