Chapter 7 : New friend

Toby shut his eyes, feeling the relief washing over his body

Toby shut his eyes, feeling the relief washing over his body. He had a small smile on his lips, the room he was in painfully quiet.

Upon ruffling his hair, he stared at the empty stream screen after having broadcasted live for almost 3 hours. Then, he had raided Tommy who had started streaming about 5 minutes before.

"Alright, this stream won't be necessarily lore, so I think I can get into the discord call." Toby thought aloud, excitedly switching over to the Dream SMP discord. He immediately noticed Tommy's familiar handle in VC-2, also seeing the newest addition to the server.

"Alright, I can also introduce myself." The boy decided, hovering his mouse on the 'join' button and pressing it.

And as soon as he did, he felt like throwing his headset off.

"WHAT DO YOU FUCKING MEAN, OAK WOOD IS BETTER THAN ANY OTHER WOOD IN MINECRAFT!"
"NO IT'S NOT, WHAT THE HELL, IT'S SO BASIC AND UGLY."
"SORRY TO TELL YOU BUT YOU'RE BASIC AND UGLY, WOMAN."
"DON'T EVEN START THIS WITH ME YOU LITTLE RAT."
"YOU WERE THE ONE THAT SAID OAK WOOD IS UGLY."
"BECAUSE IT IS!" 

The two voices continued going absolutely ballistic over this and Toby really, really did not want to be there.

'Is this really what his stream will be today?'
He thought to himself.

Finally, the boy gained enough confidence to speak.

"Hello, guys?"

"IMAGINE THINKING THAT OAK WOOD IS UGLY. I BET YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO FRIENDS."
"FOR A FACT I DO SO FUCK OFF."
"How do they even stand you, Jesus."
"I SWEAR TO GOD TOMMY, I'M GOING TO FIND YOU AND RIP YOUR THRO-"

"GUYS!" 

The call went silent as the loud voice dominated over everyone else's, and the two that were arguing finally bothered to look at the discord and not just their minecraft screen.

"Oh. Hi Tubbo." Tommy muttered gloomily.

Ray chose to not speak at all and Toby sighed.

"I see that arguing is the big part of your stream today, huh." He chuckled.

"She started it so I don't know why it's a big part of my stream." Tommy rolled his eyes.

"I swear to god, don't make me-"
"Enough, enough." Toby interrupted her before she could get anyone banned.

"Why are you here, Tubbo. Also, thanks for the raid." Tommy asked.

"This doesn't have to be a lore stream, remember? I'm just here to have some fun." The other boy answered cheerfully. 

"Oh. I see." The other muttered.

"Hey don't be too disappointed." Toby chuckled mischievously. "I also came in to introduce myself. Hello, my name is Tubbo, nice to meet you!"

"Oh, that was directed at me?" Ray jumped up.

"Yeah, who else, dickhead." Tommy muttered under his breath, but the girl chose to ignore the remark.

She beamed. "Hey, I'm NightmareNyx but you can call me Nyx. Nice to meet you too."

"Pleasure. I was so surprised when you came onto the server. Did you make that redstone trap?" With his easygoing nature, Toby managed to make some conversation.

"Actually it wasnt that difficult, I barely used any redstone. Dream told me to not do anything too fancy."
"Are you good at building with redstone?"
"Absolutely."

They continued on and on, having a great conversation, only being interrupted by random remarks from Tommy.

The boy rolled his eyes. "Jesus Tubbo stop flirting and talk to me too."

"What?! No, I-I wasn't-" Toby began, clearly very flustered by his best friend's comment.

"Of course, that little pest had to interrupt our conversation." Ray rolled her eyes.

"Shut up woman."
"Is that really your only insult?"
"No. You're a dickhead."
"Right back at you."
"I see you can't seem to find any original comebacks. How cool of you."
"Please do everyone a favour and jump off a building."

"Hey, hey, hey, guys. Calm down, let's not fight the entirety of the stream, please." Toby interrupted the two yet again, beginning to feel tired from doing so.

Surprisingly, the continuity of the 1 hour and 30 minute stream went pretty well. Ray felt very relieved that she managed to make Tubbo her friend, as she really needed the moral support whilst attempting to communicate with Tommy. Seriously, it felt like she was babysitting an angry, whiny toddler almost everyday. And she had to continue doing so for a whole week before the lore moved on.

After Tommy ended his stream, Ray was super ready to go to bed when she suddenly got a discord message. Upon clicking it, she realized that Tubbo friended and then messaged her.

Tubbo
Hey hey hey

NightmareNyx
Hey Tubbo

Tubbo
I'm sorry about Tommy today and any other day as well. He's been a little cranky lately, please dont take what he says seriously

NightmareNyx
Nooo, don't worry about me. I'm fine with it

Tubbo
Seriously, even I haven't seen him get like this before. It's weird to be honest

NightmareNyx
I'll be fine, dont stress

Tubbo
You're actually super duper nice, I dont get Tommy's problem
Anyways, I couldn't help but realize you said you were on vacation before
Where is that if you dont mind me asking?

NightmareNyx
Oh, nowhere fancy, just off-shore Britain. Why?

Tubbo
Anywhere near Brighton?

NightmareNyx
Yep

Tubbo
I live very close to Brighton. Do you perhaps wanna meet up or something?

Ray was completely taken aback by the suggestion and she blankly stared at her screen for like 10seconds. Upon no response, another nervous message came through.

Tubbo
Oh fuck did that sound creepy?
I'm so so sorry if it did I didnt mean it like that
Just that I've been getting really bored lately since all of my friends r out of town and would love to meet up with someone

NightmareNyx
No dont worry about it, it was just a little unexpected
I'd have to ask my parents first and shit
But yeah I'd be down, I've been feeling pretty alone too

Tubbo
On vacation? Isnt your family there

NightmareNyx
Yeah but were not doing much so it's pretty boring

Tubbo
Ah okay
Well just tell me if they let you, I'll send you over the details if they do!

TubboAh okayWell just tell me if they let you, I'll send you over the details if they do!

Ooo ray-tubs combo
Also this is getting way more viewers than expected so uh hi