Imagine #60 - Damon Salvatore

{You're blinded by your love - Part 2}

Damon arrived at (Y/n)'s house, ready to confess his feelings for her. He knocked on the door. Behind it, he heard her shout "Hang on!" and her footsteps running to the door. She answered it smiling. "Damon!" She looked genuinely pleased to see him. "Are you okay?" Damon looked at her and knew that it would be better for him to just be open and honest and get it out of his system. 

"I love you (Y/n)." He admitted immediately, not feeling guilty that her boyfriend was probably listening to every word. "And it's because I love you that I have to be selfish with you." Damon looked at (Y/n) and shrugged. "I love you." He repeated, expecting her boyfriend to come out at any minute and hit him. 

"Damon-" (Y/n) began but something overwhelmed Damon and he couldn't let her finish what she was saying; he couldn't let her break his heart again. "No, let me finish." He said, knowing that there wasn't really anything else to say. "I know that you're in a relationship and I know that you didn't choose me but I was an idiot for not telling you sooner. I cannot go the rest of eternity knowing that I told you how I felt."

"Damon." (Y/n) interrupted, crashing her lips onto his. For someone who hates showing his feelings, Damon was overjoyed by this turn of events. When (Y/n) took a step back and smiled at Damon, she said: "You have no idea how long I've waited for you to say those words to me." She admitted, biting her lip. "I love you."

"What about (Y/B/n)?" Damon asked, suddenly remembering that he was not going to approve, but let's be honest, Damon had never bothered with that. "He broke up with me because he knew that I was in love with you." (Y/n)'s lips went crashing down onto Damon's again and at that moment, he swore to never let her go again.