✮XVII✮

✦✦✦✦ Mayfeld ✦✦✦✦

✦✦✦✦ Mayfeld ✦✦✦✦

Kit whimpers softly as she wakes, her hand throbs as she holds it against her chest, the Child looks up and quickly waddles over to her.

"Hey, kid." She whispers leaning her head back against the wall. He tilts his head up at her then looks to the place he senses her pain is.

Kit flinches as the kid sets a hand on her arm, sighing in relief as she feels the pain slowly fade away she allows a single tear to fall from her eye.

He lifts his small green hand catching the tear and she smiles down at him, "We'll be okay, little guy," She whispers, "He'll come for us." She says the last part as she stares to the door, trying to convince herself as much as the kid.

The door opens and light pools into the dark cell. Two Stormtroopers enter and stand before them.

Kit is quick to get to her feet and stand protectively in front of the Child, "Move."

"If you lay one hand on that kid, I swear-"

She stalks towards them, hand rising ready but the one Trooper raises his blaster and knocks her on the head with the butt of the gun.

She drops to the floor with a loud thud, Grogu stands in front of her and lifts his small hands, using the Force he knocks one of the Troopers down and then hits the other into the wall.

The doors open and Moff Gideon along with another two Stormtroopers step inside watching as they get thrown around by the Child.

The two begin to scream as they get force choked, hands going to their throats as they claw at their necks.

"Set to stun."

"Wait." Moff Gideon orders.

Grogu knocks them into each other one last time before he falls back from exhaustion, Gideon smiles as she walks forward, kicking aside Kit's limp body as he crouches in front of Grogu, "You've gotten very good at that. But it makes you oh-so sleepy."

"Have you ever seen one of these?" A large dark sabre is lit in front of him making his eyes widen. "For years past?"

Grogu reaches for it but he brings it back, "Oh, uh-uh-uh, you're not ready to play with such things," He says deactivating it and standing again, "Liable to poke an eye out with one of these. Looks like you could use a nice, long, sleep."

He nods and the Trooper behind him raises his blaster stunning the Child.

"Cuff her, and bring her to me." He says gesturing to Kit as he walks out of the room.

~~~~~

Cara leads Mayfeld over to Slave-I rolling her eyes at his rambling, "I mean it's a common curtesy, a common curtesy to tell somebody where it is that you're takin' 'em."

Cara says nothing as they approach the opening of the ship, "I don't think that's so hard to ask, do you?"

He stops when he sees Boba but then sighs in relief and chuckles as he steps up beside Cara, "You know, for a second I thought you were this other guy?"

Din walks down the ramp making his smile fall as he steps back, "Mayfeld."

"Hey, Mando," He says looking down at his feet, "What, you came here to kill me?"

"All you need to know is I bent a lot of rules to bring you along."

"Why am I so lucky?" He questions raising a brow at him.

"Because you're Imperial."

He sighs and looks down, "Hey, that was a long time ago, all right?"

"You still now your Imperial clearances and protocols, don't you?"

They all walk into the ship leaving him alone and Mayfeld turns to look at the view of the large scarp yard, sighing softly to himself he mutters something before following them up the ramp.