Two

"Nandini..?" Manik whispered in a shock. Nandini looked at him with a pain filled eyes.

"Manik I.. Main.. pata nahi kyu I feel like.. like maa doesn't love me the way she loves Rishu. So many confusions.. mtlab I.. Aur.. Manik.. main na.. aap.." she couldn't continue and sobbed while saying when Manik took her in hug immediately and rubbed her back. She cried badly in his arms.

"Sshh.. Nandini, honey. Bas baba. Stop crying. Sshhh. Relax. Shant ho jao please. You will get ill. Please baby. Sssh. Calm down, please." Said Manik while Nandini was hiccuping. He broke the hug and wiping her tears, made her drink water. Pulling her in his embrace again, he started caressing her hairs lovingly rocking her a bit.. Nandini sniffed clutching his shirt.

"Feeling better?"

"Hmm."

There was a silence for few minutes. Both stayed in same position. When Manik finally decided to speak.

"Nandini?"

"Hmmm.."

"Are you ok, baby?"

"Hmmm."

"Tell me what happened? I am right here with you. Hmm?

Nandini just snuggled in his chest more. Her eyes were closed. Manik looked down at her face. She looked pale and tired due to excess crying. Her eyes puffy and swollen. She was almost asleep. Manik sighed. He knew she isn't in a state to talk.

He picked her in his arms gently and made her lie on bed. Covering her with duvet, he placed a long kiss on her forehead. Caressing her soft cheeks, he went in deep thoughts.

"Why Nandini asked like that? If there's something I am missing out?"

_______________

All Malhotras were chit chatting while having dinner. Nandini was disturbed but she pretended to be all fine. Manik had his eyes on her.

"Nandu, beta why are you not eating? Are you okay?" Nandini looked at Niyonika who looked worried. She just nodded her head.

"No mumma. Nothing like that. I am eating." She said eyeing the vegetable. That's when Manik realised something and rolled his eyes.

"Absolutely no, Mom. Your ladli doesn't like mushrooms so she-"

"Manik-"

"Arey what? I am telling truth." Said Manik shrugging his shoulders. Niyonika glared at Nandini. She looked down.

"Why didn't you tell me, Nandini?" Asked Niyonika with serious expressions. Nandini was looking down. Her eyes teary. Manik thought to interrupt when Niyonika showed him hand.

"Mom.."

"Manik! I am talking to her. Nandu, look at me." Nandini slowly looked at her mother in law like a scared kitten. Niyonika smiled and caressed her face lovingly.

"Bahu nahi, beti mana hai tujhe. Never hesitate to tell me your likes and dislikes. I am always there to pamper you. Just like my Manik and Cabir." Everyone smiled hearing Niyonika while Nandini looked at her shocked.

"Aap gussa nei ho?" She asked innocently. Niyonika chuckled and nodded no.

"Why I will be angry? It is okay if you don't like any particular dish or thing. Yes, but not everything. I am very health conscious." Niyonika said last sentence strictly. Raj laughed.

"Yeah yeah. That is why she maintained her figure along with mine. Look at us. Do we look like a couple married 30 years back?" Niyonika rolled her eyes.

"Raj!" Manbir laughed while Raj raised his hands up in surrender. Nandini smiled looking at them and went in flashback.

Flashback -