Pt.1

I wake up at three this morning, again. The nightmares are still haunting me, at least it's not every night. Would have been nice to get a good night's sleep before my first day working for the Avengers though. I rub my eyes, and get dressed in my running clothes, and go for an early morning run.

I get back to my apartment and get ready for work. I check my phone for the classified directions to the Avengers compound.

I hop in the car and pick up some coffee then follow the Directions. I turn the car down a road in eh woods and approach a gate. I go over to the entrance scanner and the machine scans my eye, blinks green and the gate slowly opens. I drive in, park, and walk up to the front door carrying my coffee and my bag.

*Doorbell rings*

I hear loud, echoing, demanding footsteps approach the door. I make sure I'm smiling, can't let my resting bitch face be my first impression. The door opens and I see Tony Stark standing there gesturing me to come in.

"Come on in. Vanessa, right?" Tony asks as I step into the large luxurious compound.

"Yes, nice to meet you, Mr.Stark," I say, smiling.

Tony gives me a tour of the compound. I gaze around in awe at the sheer size of this place. The large windows let in a beautiful natural light, and everything looks new and very expensive. Tony shows me the training room where I see Captain America training. I glance at him, smile, and wave. He does the same back then gets back to training. He's a lot more muscular in person.

I follow Tony into the other training room where I see Natasha Romanoff doing target practice. She sees us and puts down her Geer, and comes out.

"Hey newbie," Nat says, looking me up and down and giving me an approving look.

"It'll be nice to have another girl around here. I have Wanda but the amount of testosterone is overwhelming." Nat jokes, we both laugh and I see Tony roll his eyes.

"What, Mr.Stark, can't take a joke?" I joke back, I see Nat laugh, and even Tony snickers a little.

"I like you. Tony, we should keep her." Nat says sarcastically like that wasn't already the plan. Tony rolls his eyes at us.

"Ok, ok, I think that's enough chit chat. I have to show Vanessa around some more. We will talk to you later Nat." Tony says.

"Ok, I'll see you later," Nat says as she goes back to target practice and Tony leads you down the next hallway.