Blueberry Pancakes

Jack and Davey weren't in touch as much after that. David was still coming over for Halloween, which was today, and Jack still couldn't wait. He had a selection of movies ready, everything from Nightmare Before Christmas to Friday the 13th. Crutchie would be there as well, bingeing horror movies is something they did every year, they were just adding Davey to the tradition.

      David arrived around 7:30. "You're late." Jack joked when he answered the door.

      "You never set a time." He replied, stepping inside the apartment. "Hey Crutchie." He greeted the blonde who was wrapped up in a blanket, which was pulled over his head and held together under chin so all you could see was his face and a few strands of hair that poked out.

      "Hey David!" He beamed.

      "I didn't bring anything. I hope that's ok."

      "Really David? You had one job." Jack rolled his eyes.

      Crutchie laughed "You're fine Dave. Jack's an ass."

      "I was joking." Jack smiled a little.
      "Well you're quite the actor so it didn't sound like it."
      "Oh please! It's called talent."
      "It's called annoying."

      Two hours later they had gone through a bag of that cheap candy stores put on sale the day of so they could make the switch to Christmas, and they had about 3 bags to go. Crutchie hadn't moved and Davey was now also wrapped up in a blanket, copying his pose. They were halfway through Friday the 13th and it was pretty clear David had never watched a horror movie. Whenever a character did something dumb, like they always do, he would mumble to himself and shrink into the blanket more.

      Jack looked over five minutes later and Davey was barely watching, his face hidden in the blanket "You alright Dave?" He bit his lip, fighting back a laugh.

      Davey nodded "Yeah im fINE!" He jumped a mile at a jumpscare, shrinking into the couch.

     Jack opened up his own blanket and Davey pushed himself close to Jack. His heart was beating out of his chest. What he would give to kiss Davey right now. Just to get it all over with, tell him how hard he had fallen for him and how badly he wanted him. But, like every other time he saw Davey, he was at a loss for words. All vocabulary vanished and his breath was taken with it.

      Davey stayed wrapped in the blanket, hiding his face behind Jack if he got very scared which in all honesty, was very cute. The three ended up pulling an almost all nighter. The last thing Jack remembered was Davey rambling about the moon again, sprawled out across his lap, at 4 in the morning.

      Davey woke up with his face shoved in a pillow. The faint noise of glass clanging around came from the kitchen and someone hurriedly shushed another person. Davey groaned, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. He was still extremely tired from last night and had little to no memory past midnight.

      "Hey nerds, he's up!" A familiar voice called from next to him.

      "Oh hey Mars." He looked at the blonde, who was sprawled out in Crutchies big chair.

      "Hey David."
      "What are you doing here?"

      Mars laughed a little at the question "I brought Race over. Larry, Curly, and Moe wanted to make you breakfast."

      Davey laughed quietly, getting a little flustered that someone put in the effort to get up and make him breakfast.

      "They all like you a lot." They said, sitting properly in the chair to face Davey.
      "Really?"

      They nodded "Of course! Wait til you meet the rest of them."
      "The- the rest of them?"

      Jack came out with a plate of blueberry pancakes, handing it to Davey "Good morning!" He smiled wide

      "Good morning." Davey returned the smile "Thank you for breakfast."
      "You're welcome."

      It felt weirdly awkward. Davey couldn't place exactly why the feeling was there, but it didn't sit right with him for some reason. He happily ate the pancakes

      "These are really good."
      "Why thank you." Jack had a cocky grin, receiving an eye roll from Race,

      "You sat on the counter and consumed six cups of coffee while I worked my ass off."

      Davey laughed again, listening to the playful banter.

      "Hey I told you where the flour was!" Jack defended, sipping even more coffee.
      "You told me where the empty flour was."

      Davey continued to eat his pancakes, laughing as the three bickered.

      "David Jacobs! Where the hell were you I was worried sick!" Sarah busted down the door, running at Davey in a hug.

      "Hello! How was work last night? Nice to see you too." Davey rolled his eyes playfully. "I was at Jacks, like I said I would be."

      "Not for the whole night!"
      "Last minute plans, Sar, you know a lot about those." He replied, obviously referring to the many cancelled movie nights because of work.

      She pushed him playfully. Davey laughed a little. He couldn't help but notice Sarah kept stealing glances at Mars.

      "Uh, Sarah, this is Mars. Mars, my sister Sarah." Davey introduced the two. For once in his life he had seen Sarah awkward. And boy was it weird.

      An intense conversation, over something Davey wasn't paying attention to, was shared between the two as he and Jack snuck back to Davey's apartment.