43 || offer

IT WASN'T LONG BEFORE CLARKE, ABBY AND OCTAVIA JOINED US IN LOCKUP, GIVING US THE NEWS THAT THEY WERE ABLE TO SAVE ROAN AND THAT HE HAD AWOKEN. Now we were just waiting on him to fulfill his promise to Clarke. I was chained up between Kane and Bellamy, my arms above my head so they could reach the handcuffs.

I watched as Bellamy held a longing gaze toward the other blonde in the room as Clarke cried into her mother's shoulder over the loss of Lexa. Clarke really loved her, and I could tell that Bellamy wanted nothing more than to comfort his best friend.

I felt really bad for Clarke. Even though the time she and Lexa shared was short, they loved each other a lot. Something inside me hoped that maybe one day (when I'm a grown up, of course) I can love someone as much as those two loved each other.

And something else inside me was telling me that Bellamy loved Clarke too, but maybe not just as a best friend. Maybe it was that longing look in his eyes, or maybe I'm just making things up. What would I know about romance? The most romance I've experienced was in books.

A group of Ice Nation guards came in, including Echo, demanding for Clarke. They put a sack over her head and dragged her out, despite Bellamy's yells of protest.

After another eternity of waiting, which was really less than an hour, they let us out and announced that Roan would be caretaker of the throne until a Nightblood ascends. I thought it would be better for Skaikru if I ascended, but I kept my thoughts to myself for the time being.

Later that day, Clarke and Bellamy left for Arkadia to find a solution for the end of the world. It had been a week since they had left and Roan was still in charge. 

I stayed in Polis with Octavia, Abby and Kane, mostly because I wanted more time to think of whether or not I should just ascend and hope for the best or trust that Bellamy and Clarke would find a solution fast enough to save us all. Abby and Kane left us to go to sleep while Octavia and I roamed the streets at night. 

Abby had the audacity to say it was 'past my bedtime' which was most of the reason I decided to stay up with Octavia.

Kane had told us to keep an eye on Trishanakru, since Roan had said he was concerned they would try to take his power. So that's what we did. We listened in on their conversation, hiding our identities with hooded capes.

Really, it was only Octavia who was instructed to spy on Trishanakru, but I couldn't just stand around doing nothing, so I invited myself along. i thought the capes were pretty cool, too.

"The king protects Skaikru," We heard one of them say.

"Why?" The other asked.

"Because he is their puppet, Ilian," The man replied. "And anyone who protects the people who did this are as guilty as they are," He said, referring to the A.L.I.E incident. "Roan of Ice Nation will hear me. As your new ambassador, I have the right to challenge him. Single combat."

Octavia and I looked at eachother, knowing that Roan wouldn't be able to fight since he was still healing from being shot.

"I want justice," The man, 'Ilian' spoke. He seemed much younger than the rest of the men at his table, around Bellamy's age. "Skaikru did this, not the king."

"Do you want revenge for your family or not?" The other man asked. Ilian nodded. "When Trishanakru controls Polis, you will have it. I promise, when the king's head falls, Skaikru falls with it."