༄ 𝟑 ༄

It was now Saturday evening. The day you were supposed to tutor Eren. The rained hit the roof in a steady rhythm, and it helped you relax. Sasha was out with Connie and Historia going shopping. so it was just you in your dorm. You were kinda disappointed that you couldn't tag along with them. but you had no other option. Eren said 6, and you didn't protest. You were lucky to him even agreeing to work with you, so you didn't test the waters.

It was 5:45, so you had a little time to prepare. You went to straighten up your bed while you thought about how awkward this was gonna be. You barely ever spoke, unless it was arguing in class over the answers, or him occasionally asking for a pencil. He probably had a slight idea that you didn't like him, but you didn't care, because it was true. Why would you be nice to someone like that? After how you saw Historia cry?

A firm knock on your door brought you back to reality, and you turned around to open the door. You noticed Sasha's half of the room was still messy, as usual, and hoped he didn't notice. You opened the door and Eren peered back at you. He looked like he just crawled out of bed. Loose hairs falling from his bun, wearing a green t shirt and grey sweatpants. No certain expression on his face, maybe a slight hint of annoyance.

Without saying anything, he glided past you into your room, examining it. After a few moments, seemingly satisfied with his examination, he let out a "hmph" noise, and slouched down on your bed. You sighed. "Sure, make yourself at home." His response was a small sarcastic smile, followed by, "Your room looks exactly how I thought it would."

You raised an eyebrow "What's that supposed to mean?"

He sat up and propped himself onto his elbows. "Everything organized. Not a single hair out of place. It's like you, to be precise and accurate with the way you do things. Your room just reflects your personality. Neat and stuck up."

You fold your arms over your chest. Who does he think he is?

"You don't know anything about me Jaegar."

"Please, you're an open book."

At that remark you just scoffed. He pulled out his phone and started scrolling through it. What the fuck? He's wasting my time at this point.

In the position he was sitting, his shirt was fitted tightly around his body, accentuating his abs and chest muscles perfectly. You looked away immediately after noticing them, feeling shame for even looking in the first place. You never realized this guy seemed pretty in shape, for looking so sluggish all the time. Only then did you notice he didn't bring anything with him.

"Really? You didn't bring anything?" you said agitatedly.

He looked up from his phone, slightly confused. "What was i supposed to bring?"

"I don't know, maybe, your book?" He just shrugged and looked back down at his phone. You walked over to your desk and grabbed your book, a notebook, and a pencil. You carried the books over to him and sat down on the edge of the bed beside him. You tossed the textbook onto his lap, startling him.

"Ow, brat."

"Come on, we're gonna get your grade up"

-     -     -     -     -     -     -     -     -     -     -     -     -     -     -

The two of you studied for about an hour before Eren became more difficult to work with. He would sigh a lot and had a tendency to argue, even if he knew you were right.

"What year?"

"1874"

"Wrong. What year, Eren?"

"I dont fucking know." He let out a huff and fell back onto the bed. You had barely made any progress getting him to memorize dates. For a moment he started to grasp the concept, but he lost it just as quickly. It's like his brain dumped out all new information 5 seconds after he received it. And his handwriting was awful. Barely even readable. It reminded you of a child's. You wondered how Professer Erwin read it. Or if Eren even wrote anything down in class.

You tried to think of a solution to help him. You needed him to pass. And not even for his sake, for yours. It's not that you necessarily needed the extra grades, but you wanted them. And you weren't gonna let this slug deprive you from perfect scores.

"Eren, since your handwriting is that of a toddler, I will let you use my backup binder. but you HAVE to return it to me after exams or i'll kill you. Understood?"

"Why the fuck do you have a backup binder."

"You never know okay. What if someone steals my original one? Then I'll have nothing to study with."

"Man, you're worse than I thought." He remarks as he rubs his head with his palm. You ignore him and walk over to the closet in search for your backup binder that you keep on the top shelf. You can't risk keeping it anywhere else, in fear of Sasha spilling food all over it and ruining all your hard work. It was shoved to the very back of the shelf, so you struggled on your toes to reach it.

"Damn it." you muttered under your breath. You swung your arm as you reached the end of the binder, sighing in relief, but as you pulled it out, it knocked over a box from the shelf.

Your shoe box, to be exact.