112 | highway to hell

Taehyung's POV

The hallway is dark as I step into the penthouse apartment. The management building is closed and the only lights flickering in the room come from the sign above the elevator. When I press the button I wait for it to arrive to the ground floor. The doors glide open and I walk inside, coming face to face with my reflection on the mirror ahead of me. I lean against the wall then punch in the button for the top floor as I think about everything that has happened tonight. 

During such a short time, so many things have happened and even though I'm still shocked of the amount of information I obtained, I can't help but be amazed at the fact that Elena is in fact the same woman I encountered at one of my brother's strip clubs with Jungkook. I also can't help but wonder to myself whether he knew all along, or if he figured it out a lot later. Perhaps, it was her little secret that led them to having whatever it is they're having. I don't know if what they have is even considered a relationship, but then again I'm definitely not the right person to judge this, since my first true relationship was nothing but a game of play pretend, therefore I can't critize what they have. 

That girl truly was something.

My head falls against the elevator wall as my mind wanders at the time Elena - or should I say Eye Candy came to meet Jimin and I at the Empire. Even though we were going to pay for her services, I still feel bad about the way we treated her, because for one; I lost her in the hallway as soon as the fire alarm went off and Jimin's behavior was totally unacceptable for just bolting out the door. 

She must have felt so horrible afterwards.

No wonder why she avoided me everytime I came across her at the university. I can't blame her for being hostile. Perhaps, if I somehow manage to fix this little matter she has with Seokjin, it will suit as an apology for the way I treated her back then. However, it would be far easier for me to apologize to her if I didn't know who she was. Scratch that, it would be far more convenient because then I wouldn't have to face the unbearable awkwardness that came with my apology. 

But here I am wondering...why did she even decide to join us at the Empire? She already knew who we were. Even being in the private room with me and Jimin was already risky enough, so why would she jeopardize her security like that? It doesn't make sense. 

Unless of course, she wanted to come.

I laugh to myself as I gently shake my head. What an audacious girl.

The elevator finally chimes and once the doors open I head towards the penthouse juggling the keys from my pocket. When I let myself in, I'm surprised to hear loud music coming from the living room. The smell of cigarettes and vodka blends into the air like an old musky cologne and at this point I'm surprised that none of our neighbors haven't complained about us yet. As I head deeper inside, I'm greeted by a small crowd of men dressed in black suits and women wearing slinky clothing. 

Just my luck.

"Hey, little bro" I notice Namjoon on the other end of the room sitting on the sofa, with a blonde girl on his lap kissing his neck and ruffling his hair. "Why'd you come so late?" 

"I wasn't aware we were having a party." I say as I make my way towards him. "What exactly are we celebrating?"

"I don't know man, Jin invited some of his people over because he's starting to put his plan in action." 

"What do you mean?" 

Namjoon takes a sip of his cocktail and almost spills it on the woman when he says, "The Empire plan." 

I see. So these people are supposedly cooperating with him and these women are probably from his clubs who either willingly or not accepted Jin' deal. Perhaps, Daniel was invited here as well. I'm surprised to see that Elena hasn't received an invite. Or she's just too busy avoiding my entire family tree.