26

Nyla

"you did that so easily, man." the game operator says as he brings in Mateo's paper, which he shot the star out of with a bb gun.

"I play a lot of video games," Mateo says with a slight smile, taking the paper from the guy.

"you play a lot of video games, huh?" I smirk up at him as we leave the game hand in hand.

"shut up. I can't admit I kill people for fun," he says quietly.

we've been at the fair for a few hours now. we got a big green dragon for Zay and Mateo won me a purple teddy bear.

"there's one more ride we haven't been on," I say. more like me. Mateo is too tall for half of them.

"what's that?" Mateo asks looking around

"The Ferris wheel. you should be able to fit on that," I say pulling him towards the big wheel.

"Where did you want to go for dinner?" Mateo asks when we stand in line. he stands behind me, his arms wrapped around my waist.

"anywhere... anywhere that won't mind how undressed we are," I say. we're both in hoodies, that are covering the hickey's on our necks, and cotton shorts.

"can I take you to my restaurant?" he asks

"sure. I've never been." my hand rubs his knuckles.

as the line moves forward and we get to the front. the operator offers to hold out stuffies as we get into the seat.

"This is the most I've ever felt like a teen," Mateo says as the wheel starts moving.

I look up at him, as he stares off into the distance. his eyes in focus.

"why?" I ask, he looks down at me

"because of you. before I'd busy myself so I don't think of you. do some kind of work so I don't spend hours thinking about what you were doing at that very moment, how you were feeling at that very moment. if you ever thought of me like I thought of you if I ever showed up in your dreams like you did mine. if you ever noticed me." he tells

"I feel like an asshole." I chuckle looking down, my hands playing with his fingers

"I thought you were stuck up, like all the other boys. I knew why you never talked, but for some reason, I thought you felt like you felt as if you were too good for everyone. you got your tattoos, you got taller, more fit grew your hair out... you got very attractive, but I just never thought we'd get along." I admit.

"that's expected. my whole life I've shadowed my father, growing up in the media, it's bound to happen, people have their impressions of me, some negative some positive. I've never expected you to like me, not like the way you do now." he tells me.

"I don't like you, I love you. I love your giant baby ass. and I'd never thought I would. I never thought I'd get a man who was like the ones in the books" I tell him honestly.

"thank you for letting me be the one." he turns my head to look at him. rubbing my cheek as he leans in to kiss me.

I kiss him back and we both smile.

I'm so fucking in love.

__________________

"These people don't know how to drive... fucking drive your fucking car!" Mateo yells, honking the car horn at the people in front.

the person in front braking every time the speed up a bit. they're not brake checking Mateo, they're just scared. Mateo can't move around due to the fact we're in traffic and no one will let anyone into other lanes.