five.

Flora.

I'm a little late this morning, so I don't plan on stopping to gossip with Amber on the way in as I normally do, nearing the end of my first week I'm settling in. I wave at Amber, knowing she'll manage to find an excuse to come to my department and chat so I'll see her soon anyway.

"Oi, Flora!" She calls indignantly. I turn around as I hear the sound of her heels chasing me across the lobby.

"Where do you think you're going, I have an important message for you" She says, huffily, taking my wrist and dragging me back over to her desk, sitting in her desk chair. She hands me a sheet of note paper, her expression smug, I raise my eyebrows back at her.

'Amber, when you see Flora tommorow, please let her know I'm taking her on as my assistant, she needs to report to me first thing. Also, please send round Juliette's leaving notice, she's retiring - something which we have been discussing for a while now. Thanks - H'

What.

Before she even knows I'm done reading Amber is speaking again.

"You're sleeping with him! You little floozie, clever though, promotion in 4 days, yes Flora!" She says giving me a little round of applause and giggling.

"Amber, I'm not" I argue, I've been avoiding him - the situation in his office, scared me, but it did more than that-

"Sure, Flo, I just did not have you down as that, and I thought you would have told me" She rolls her eyes.

"Amber, I'm a virgin!" I hiss leaning across the desk, blushing instantly. Her mouth opens a little, excitement in her eyes.

"Now. I believe you. Oh my god, why has no-one done you yet" She says, a little too loudly.

"Oh my GOD, Shutup, please I just wanted you to believe me" I plead. Her expression softens. I roll my eyes, not wanting to admit that - despite my new grown-up girl job, I'm a virgin. I haven't really had a proper boyfriend before is all.

"Okay, okay. Well, please god don't give him all your innocence, honey I'm warning you. Vixy was probably right. The fact Juliette has worked for this company for 30 years, and is leaving 4 days after you arrive says something. She was his dad's assistant before she was his y'know" Amber says. I'm a little shocked.

"But... she's retiring, right?" I say, confused. 

"Well yeah, but Harry never liked her that much, she keeps and eye on everything he does and reports back to his dad. Like I said, his dad wants any excuse to criticize him, she used to tell him what to do and remind him what 'his father would want.' So I guess you were the push he needed to finally get rid of her. I realise what she's getting at, and unsure how I feel about the fact he sacked the lady with the friendly smile that was manning his desk yesterday.

"Oh.." I frown.

"That's the kind of guy he is, you better get up there. Watch your back, cutie" She says, giving me an awkward smile, like she knows something I don't.  I make a mental note to ask her at lunch and keep my wits about me, he was up to something with me and I was dangerously close to enjoying it. I take the lift as the last of the nine o clock stragglers pile in too.

I'm unsure as to whether I should check in with Adrienne but Harry's instructions were to go straight to him this morning. As I approach Harry's office at the far end of the open plan office I notice Juliette, packing her desk. I'm about to take a U-turn and have a quick wee before I see Harry but she notices me and I don't want to look like I'm avoiding her. She smiles at me, but it's as if she looks sad.

"Morning" I say nervously, hovering, unsure whether to stop or go straight through to Harry - whether I was ready to go straight through to Harry.