Chapter 38

Rhea POV

Banging my head against my cabin door, I groan out in frustration. Their stares are worse than when I first got here.

Annabeth has been huffing round and about. Luke has been staring at me when he thinks I'm not looking, he's calculating.

This morning I woke up with a headache, after a demi-god dream, with a storm brewing outside, showing how upset my beloved Uncle is.

This is where it truly starts, especially with Kronos. I'm fortunate enough that he doesn't know much about me yet. Let him underestimate me.

All of a sudden there is a whirlwind of waves in my cabin, and out of that whirlwind came my brother.

"Triton!" I exclaimed, running to him, tackling him in a hug.

"Good morning Rhea," he greets with a chuckle.

"I've missed you Triton," I say.

"And I, you, little Rhea."

"Not that I'm not glad to see you, but why are you here?" I ask him.

"Dad sent me. The gods are in disarray. They are very upset with dad. He nearly killed Zeus when he found out about you. And incapacitated Ares and Athena when they attacked him," he says.

"And let me guess, they think he wants the throne for himself," I say.

"As always, but they are more concerned about you and what you could do," he replies.

"Me? What can I do?" I ask, scrunching my brows.

He lets out an amused chuckle, "Little Rhea, you really don't know," he states, "sister dearest, you are his firstborn daughter, and he is very protective over you and would do anything for you. If you were to ask him to kill one of the gods, he would. If you were to ask him to keep you in Atlantis, he would without a second thought, regardless of the consequences. You can ask for the world and he will do everything in his power to give it to you," he says.

I gulp down at the implication, taking a breath I say, "That's why they are upset. Of what I could ask dad to do."

"Yes. Father made it quite clear what he would do to anyone who dares to harm you. They might intimidate you, but if they harm you, they know the consequences. Little Rhea, you are already a powerful demi-goddess, now imagine that power combined with the favour of one of the most powerful gods in Olympus."

"I wouldn't ask dad to do anything to start a war," I say nervously.

"You wouldn't need to even ask Rhea. And I will support Father all the way. Amphitrite will stand with us. Persephone will support you, and because she will support you, Hades will too. Aunt Hestia will support you. Do you not see the power you wield? Apollo seems to be on your side as well."

I'm stunned. I don't know what to say. I remember what the Fates told me years ago while I was training with dad and Triton. That their love for me can cause war.

"As you know, Zeus's bolt has been stolen and he demands that you retrieve it. Father and Zeus are fighting in Olympus over this whole situation, you can see their power clashing in the sky," he states.

I groan out, well more like mewl out, sounding exactly like the child that I am, "Why me?"

"It is the only way to keep the peace. The Fates have spoken, Father must not interfere. You must take this path little sister. You will see the Oracle soon."

"I don't want to," I say pouting.

He hugs me and says softly, "I know."

"I have to leave now Rhea, my presence will be noticed if I stay longer," he tells me, still in his embrace. I hold on as tight as I can.