Chapter Thirty-Six

As they reached the hospital used by their mafia, Armani started to crash. Of course, Armani being his brother, Alessio began to freak out. As soon as the ambulance came to a stop, he rushed out yelling orders. When Armani was being pushed in on a gurney with mangled legs, everyone sort of froze.

"Pay attention! My brother is crashing. If something happens to him, I am going to kill all of you!" Alessio screamed at his slow employees. That seemed to knock them out of their stupor.

As he walked into the operation room, Alessio began to pray that Armani would be able to walk and keep his legs. From what he had seen from looking at his legs, the probability of Armani not suffering major damage to his legs is very low. Alessio took a deep breath and got started on saving his brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Samuel told Annabella that they all wanted with her, he left. Leaving her with tormentors, allowing them to do whatever they pleased. They had taken turns beating her. Trying to cause her unbearable pain. What they don't understand is Samuel already did that for them.

The pain of someone you trust explicitly betraying you, was more painful than any bruise or broken bone.

Annabella had completely shut down. No emotions were being shown on her face, because she simply did not feel any. This of course made John and Christy incredibly mad. That in turn made them try and punch or kick her harder than before.

Eventually they gave up and left, probably to go get drunk or high. Annabella didn't really care what they went to do, because she could finally sort out her thoughts without someone punching her every 5 seconds.

What she didn't account for was Samuel coming back into the room to 'talk' to her.

He walked in like he owned the place, which she guessed he really could, and sat down across from her in a chair that he had brought with him. For a moment he just sat there and stared at Annabella like she was some treasure of his. She was getting annoyed with his staring, and she finally snapped at him.

"What in the world could you possibly be staring at me for?" Annabella asked with a lot of attitude. He just chuckled at her outburst, finding her predicament very amusing.

"Well cariño, I find you quite beautiful, so excuse me if I stare at you. It's not like you have much of a say in anything that happens at this moment do you?" He asked Annabella, while once again staring at her cockily.

Oh how she wanted to wipe that look right off of his face. Or better yet, kill him. But she had lost her chance to do just that a year ago.

"Are you guys going to do anything about my injuries or are you going to leave me to suffer like you did a year ago?" Annabella questioned him in a mocking tone. His face showed his guilt and pain for what he had done to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So what are you going to do this summer?" 15 year old Annabella questioned Samuel as they both sat under a tree in the farthest corner of the park. They usually came here to catch up and for her to get an escape from her terrible life. Many secrets were shared underneath this tree.

"Nothing!" He had snapped at her. Of course, with her past, Annabella flinched at this outburst from him. Sammy had seemed distant this week. More distant than when he had a bad week. Something had happened to him and she was determined to find out what that was. He had been constantly snapping at her when she asked simple questions and I had enough of it.

"What is your problem?" Annabella finally asked the question that had been swimming in her mind for the past week. This question just seemed to anger him more.

"I don't have a problem, okay!" Sammy yelled at her. It was times like this, that she was glad they had chosen such a secluded area to be their meeting spot.

"Something is obviously bothering you! All you have been doing for the past week is snapping at everything I ask you. So what happened to you that is bad enough for you to do that!" She yelled right back at him. He scoffed and rolled his eyes at her accusation.

"You want to know what is wrong? You. You are what is wrong with me! Every time we meet up it is all about what mummy and daddy did to you that day and night before! You never ask if anything is going on in my life! I'm tired of babysitting you all of the damn time." He screamed at her.

Annabella had tears running down her face from what he had said. She was a burden again wasn't she? She looked him right in the eyes and said, "I will save you the trouble of 'babysitting me' and go away."

He flinched at what she had said, and realisation of what exactly he had said set in. He immediately tried to back track what he said and fix his mistake. But he had already lost her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I hope you know that I didn't mean any of what I had said that day. Also, I can't do anything about your injuries until those awful people finally leave us alone. They will accuse me of not really wanting you to suffer and be a major pain in the ass. As soon as they are gone, I will fix you up darling." He explained it to her.

"What you had said that day really affected me. I trusted you so much then you threw it all away like I meant absolutely nothing to you. I don't think I can ever trust you again." Annabella said once he had finished. He sighed and nodded like he had expected that reaction. He stood up and walked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course he knew that he had messed up last year when he said all of that about her. She wouldn't let him explain why he had said those things either. If only she would hear him out. Maybe everything would be different. It hurted Samuel to see her getting hurt and not being able to do anything about it. He wanted to kill those awful people, but he needed them to find her since they had connections.

Samuel walked into his room and laid down, still thinking about how gorgeous she is even when she is covered in blood and bruises. Honestly no one could compare to her in his eyes. As he started to fall asleep, he said the words he probably will never be able to say to her face.

I love you Annabella.