18 - A M O R T E N T I A

*WARNING! THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS KNIFE PLAY, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK*

Evangeline Carter

"Hello everyone, welcome back! I hope you all had an amazing break," announced Professor Slughorn. "Now, I'm sure everyone here is familiar with Amortentia. Ms. Granger here gave us a good idea about what it is. I will be passing it around and I want you to share with your partner what you smell."

Amortentia is the most powerful love potion. It smells different to every one according to what attracts them. I wonder what Draco would smell, would he smell me? Or would he smell Pansy, or Romilda, or any other girl here?

Hermione was the first to get the potion, she leaned her head closer to the bowl. "That's odd, it's changed. I smell the wood of a broomstick and pumpkin." I recognize that smell, Char. She immediately passed it to the next person, her face was burning red.

After a while, it was then passed onto a blonde Slytherin girl. She smiled as soon as she received it and spoke up, "Mint, cologne, and apples." Blush was growing from her cheeks as she turned her head around to face Draco. He noticed her and smirked. He was playing with his quill while his legs were wide.

What she said bothered me a bit, but I eventually let it go. After several minutes about three other girls said the same thing. This enraged me, they're all attracted to Draco! I took a deep breath, I needed to remind myself that I'm not like Draco at all. I'm not the jealous type, there's going to be other girls who like him and I have to accept that.

There was nothing more I wanted to do than get on top of him right now and show them who he belonged to. However, I'm pretty sure Professor Slughorn would expel me. But I'm not like that, I'm not toxic, I'm understanding and I can control my emotions, at least that's what I keep telling myself.

I wonder how Draco would react? Would he go with it, or push me off? Other than in this class, he's never shown me affection in public. Would he be embarrassed to be seen with me? I mean, after all, I am a Ravenclaw muggle-born, his father would not approve.

My thought got interrupted when I suddenly sensed a very strong smell. The whole class was already looking at me, including Professor Slughorn waiting for my response. "I smell... Mint, cologne, apples..." Wait a minute, there's something else but I couldn't quite figure it out, the other smells were blocking it. I dove my head closer and took another sniff.

"And, coffee."

The bell rang and everyone got up and left. As I was walking down the halls Draco caught up to me and dragged me down to his dorm. He looked extremely angry, nothing new. His fists clenched and his jaw hardened. When we finally got there he slammed the door behind him and intensely looked at me. "Coffee? Are you being fucking serious right now? Who the fuck smells like coffee?"

Elliot, Elliot smells like coffee. I had a huge crush on him, it hasn't gone away. There's no way I can tell Draco, he'd possibly kill him. Elliot doesn't deserve this, he's the sweetest guy I know.

"You're seriously mad at me right now?! About five other girls smelled you and you smiled at one! Tell me, are you still fucking them?"

"What? So now just because I smile at a girl means I'm fucking them?"

"Yes!" I raised my voice, "I don't know how many you've been with!"

He sighed, "This is fucking stupid, I'm not dealing with this right now."

"Fine, I'll happily leave then." I walked over to the door.

"Where do you think you're going? To fuck your coffee guy?" He scoffed.