Chapter 36: Too many Questions

The next morning was such a drag. I slept through my alarms and woke up to Gabriel banging on my door at quarter past 5 which put me in a really bad mood. Then It was a rush to get changed and grab my bags and I ended up being the one to drive to the airport to make sure we got there on time, which we did. 

However despite all that, I was seated on board the private jet ready to go, right on schedule. Gabriel and a couple of other guards were on board with me but of course none of the new guys said a word to me. I had a short conversation with Gabriel before heading to the bedroom at the back of the plane to get some sleep after my early morning. 

By the time I had woken up, we were already descending into Italy. I can't believe I slept that long. Actually, I can, I quite enjoy my sleep. I used to nap a lot when I lived in Italy, but I've been too busy in America for naps. That must've been all my missed sleep catching up to me. My jet lag isn't going to thank me for that tonight.

A short time later the jet landed and I'm make sure I have everything before exiting the plane. After I'm sure I've got everything I walk over to the door and stop for a second just taking everything in. Breathing in the sweet Italian air.

There's three escalades parked and a few men standing about. One of them catches my eye though.

Antonio. 

He's stood leaning against the middle car, dressed in one of his usual suits with sunglasses on. A huge smile takes over my face as I practically jump down the stairs towards him. He takes his glasses off as I approach him and open his arms for me. I gladly jump into them and he spins us around placing a kiss on my head. I didn't actually see him the last time I was here given I was a little preoccupied.

"Welcome home Sorellina" He whispers. I smile at him pulling away, "It's good to be back." 

I turn around watching as my bags are moved into the escalades. My brother walks over to one of the men in the front escalade and begins talking Italian to him. They're discussing times and stuff for getting back. They've estimated an hour and a half to get home. 

Hmmm Challenge Accepted. 

"Fratello!" I call getting his attention. He turns to look at me raising an eyebrow. 

"Give me the keys I'm driving." He smirks, thinking for a moment before motioning to one of the men to give them to me. The man walks towards me holding the keys out in his hand. 

I click the unlock button and the lights on the middle SUV flash. I walk to the driver's side getting in then wait a few minutes before Tony finally decides to join me in the passenger side. 

"So how was your flight?" He asks as we all begin moving. "It was good, I slept pretty much the whole way." I answer, focusing on the road. 

"How is Mama and Papa? They freaking out yet?" I question knowing at least mama will be. I mean one of her babies is becoming a mafia don. I would be too if that were me. 

He just scoffs, "You don't even know the half of it. I can't think of a time in the last month that Mama hasn't been running about the place. Papa tries to calm her down but then ends up getting just as worked up as her." He shakes his head looking out the window

"Well, they might brighten up now that their favourite child is back." I smirk, he just chuckles at that. 

"What they're favourite child that can't seem to keep herself out of trouble? Yeah, I'm sure they're going to be thrilled to have you back." I laugh with him knowing he's right. I seriously can't help it, trouble just follows me wherever I go. 

"Hey, I can't be any worse than Ales." I say referring to one of the twins, aka my partner in crime. He's the one that got me into that first race in New York. He pretty much kick started my relationship with Jaxon. Not that he's even remotely aware of that.