-33-

Gina sat on her couch looking up at Luca who was leaned against the wall by the door with his arms crossed. "Why did you come here, Luca? I think I said all I need to say in my letter unless I was wrong and you want me."

Luca stood there staring at her, not responding to her question. He was replaying the words of her letter in his mind.

Dearest Luca,

I can't do this anymore. When we first started this, I thought we'd play for a few months and that'd be it. But the more time I spent around you - seeing your beautiful art (even if you never drew me) and your loyalty to your work and your family - I started feeling more for you.

At first, I was okay with the fact that it was unrequited because I assumed you were the type of man who couldn't have those sorts of feelings.

But then came a point where you changed. Every few weeks, I'd see what appeared to be the same body in different positions in your drawings.

And then tonight when I met Simone, I realized it was her you've been drawing this entire time. I saw the way you watched her and it was like the more you did, the tighter you held me. It's a gesture I would've loved if I didn't know where it was coming from. You've been using me to avoid her and I don't understand why.

When you brought me home tonight, I knew the entire time that you were unleashing everything you have pent up for her on me. I tried ignore the way it hurt my heart and enjoy the physical sensations... But couldn't.

And then I heard you on the phone panicking and you said her name. I saw the look in your eyes, the way your breathing changed, how frantic you were scrambling to get out of the apartment - you care about her.

I'm not sure what the emergency is, but I know it involves her. I hope she's safe. And if she is, you need to talk to her. Having that much pent up over someone isn't good for you... or her.

Anyway, I've gone on too long and I doubt you'll bother to read this letter. But if you do: Goodbye, Luca Rossi.

-Gina

Gina was jealous of Syd, she was jealous that someone managed to gain the admiration of the man she'd fallen for. Especially because she didn't know he was capable of it. But at 30-years-old, she knew that while she felt bitter toward Syd, there was no point in trying to fight over Luca. So she wrote that letter as a final goodbye, not expecting to see him again.

"Oh God, you're doing that brooding thing," Gina groaned. "Are you going to say anything? Was anything in my letter wrong?" She hoped she was wrong. She hoped that there was a chance Luca felt something for her. She hoped she misread the situation.

Luca took a deep breath, still with a stone cold expression. "You're not wrong." He cleared his throat and looked away. "But it's not as simple as talking to her... I don't really know how..."

Gina gave Luca a harsh glare and rose from the couch. "Well, that's your problem. Now, leave. I'm not going to be a warm body for you to bury your frustrations in anymore." She stormed up to the door beside him and swung it open, unable to make eye contact. "Were you seriously about to start confiding in me about your obvious feelings for her?!"

Luca scoffed and turned to exit before Gina left him with some final advice: "You don't have to pour it all out at one time. Even the small exchanges count. Also..." Her voice cracked. "Words aren't the only way to express what's going on your mind. You know that better than anyone."