Chapter 11

(Y/n) and her padawan, Rohan, spent the next eight years training and going on missions together. Rohan was growing up to be an incredible young Jedi, and (Y/n) hoped that soon her padawan would take the next steps and become a Jedi Knight, just like she did. At the moment, (Y/n) was going over meditation with Rohan, deciding that after three days of rigorous fight training, it was good to take a few days break and meditate.

"Empty your mind, and feel out with the Force." (Y/n) instructed Rohan, who sat on one of the cushioned meditation seats. The seventeen year old did as her master instructed, emptying all trivial thoughts from her head, letting a sense of peace take over her. "Feel it's power flowing through you, giving you life and strength".

"I feel it, Master..." Rohan said quietly. (Y/n) knew the Force was strong with Rohan when she picked her as a child to become her first padawan. Now, eight years later, the Twi was stronger than ever before.

The door opened to reveal Master Windu, who watched their process. He had to admit, the elf was a wonderful teacher. She had indeed grown up from the young child he found on her home planet of Rivendell. (Y/n) looked to the door when it opened to see Windu, and placed a calming hand on her padawan's shoulder, signaling her to come out of meditation. Rohan opened her eyes, and saw Master Windu. Quickly regaining her composure, she bowed before him, like her master did before.

"Padawan Aola, you are requested to present yourself to the Council." Windu spoke, looking at the padawan. Rohan nodded her head slightly, and followed the master out of the door. (Y/n) bowed to him before they left.

The elf left the meditation room and decided to pay her room a visit. Walking inside, R3-E7 beeped at her.

Hey! Where have you been? Where's your nice padawan?

"I'm just fine, R3, thanks for asking" (Y/n) replied sarcastically, and R3 spewed his own amount of nice words her way.

"I really need to have a conversation with you about your language" she said, smiling down at her droid.

The Evenstar sat on her desk next to her lightsaber. She touched it lightly, and picked it up to clasp it on her neck. The jewel glowed like it always did when she wore it. She decided to read one of the many books surrounding her. She picked something random, and sat down on her comfy bed to read. She was getting very into it when a knock was heard on the other side.

"Master? Are you in there?" Rohan's voice said on the other side. (Y/n) put a bookmark on the page and opened the door to see the nervous look on her padawan's face.

"Rohan, what's the matter?"

"The Council has just assigned me to my first solo mission. I'm not sure I'm ready, Master" the Twi'lek stressed. (Y/n) gave her a warm smile and invited her into her room. The padawan entered, and R3 beeped in joy. Rohan's nervous face began to disappear when she saw the droid, who hopped from one foot to another in excitement.

"Hi, R3!" Rohan said.

"So, Rohan, what is this mission you are so worried about?" (Y/n) asked. Rohan turned to face her master.

"I'm being sent to Jakku. A couple of trading posts there have been complaining about pirates in the area. Apparently, some have even been found dead." Rohan said.

"I believe you can do it. It's a good starting off solo mission, my young padawan." (Y/n) said, holding onto Rohan's shoulders. "Remember what I told you all those years ago when I found you on that training ground. If you believe you are something-"

"-then that is exactly what you will become" Rohan finished. "And I believe that I can be a great Jedi."

(Y/n) smiled at Rohan, saying "And I believe that too. Now, go and pack. I'm sure you're going to be very busy". Rohan bowed and left her master's room, leaving the Jedi Knight alone.