Liam Dunbar

TW: Addiction, therapy.

Addiction. No one knew how hard it was to fight an addiction. Everyday was exhausting, your body was ready to shut down any second.

You would always crave the one thing that you knew you couldn't have. The one thing that destroyed you.

At times your addiction would take over and you would slip. And sometimes you were not able to fight against it.

No matter how hard you worked it was still there. Like a demon lurking around feeding of your scared emotions.

This demon would hang over you every second of the day. It would whisper awful things in your ear. And you knew the only way to get it to stop would to take that thing that would destroy you.

The demon got more and more aggressive over time. But you knew that it would stop soon, but when?

How long would you have to withstand these pains? How long til you could stop hearing it whisper.

You wished someone was here to help you feel alright. But you were ashamed to say you wanted help. You are ashamed of yourself. Which made things even worse.

When I started to realize that I couldn't do it on my own. I seeked out help, not from my family or friends. Or anyone close to me at all. I seeked help from an addiction help center.

The only bad thing about this was that the group you were placed into were filled with different people. No one had the same problems.

This made you even more nervous. How would group therapy help you if no one knew what you were going through.

You had signed up for an appointment as soon as you could. Luckily you got a time next day already.

<>

You were now making your way to the appointment. Fear were laced through your bones, you were pretty sure everyone in this world could see you.

As you walked inside the addiction center you realize that everyone was staring at you. You probably looked like shit.

I mean you hadn't showered for 2 weeks. You hadn't changed your clothes at all I'm those 2 weeks. Nor had you wiped away the mascara stains from your cheeks.

Your clothes clenched to your body from the sweat that was pouring out of you. One of the side affects of withdrawal? Excessive sweating.

You're whole body was shaking so you decided to take the elevator instead of the stairs. It was a more safer option.

You pressed the button on the panel when you walked inside the elevator. You finally started moving upwards. You gripped the railing that was placed around the small walls of the elevator.

The elevator made a slight ' ding ' sound and the doors opened. I walked out from it and looked around.

I saw a big double door to the left that was open. And besides the door stood a big sign that said ' Welcome ' in big red letters.