Chapter 7

We flying the first class
Up in the sky
Poppin' champagne
Livin' my life

I was beyond surprised when Harry texted me and told me that he was going to come with me on this trip

I honestly thought that he would say no.

But I'm kind of thankful that he agreed to coming. Even if it was a stupid idea for me to ask him, now I can avoid the stress of having to explain to my family how work ruined another relationship of mine.

And who knows? Maybe Harry coming with me on this trip will be the start of a great friendship between the two of us.

I sent him all the details he possibly needed to know. Like, where we are going and staying, the flight information, what to bring, and so on.

I told him that I was willing to pick him up from his place and that we could ride to the airport together. But he said that Janet and Brandon were going to drop him off at JFK, so he would meet me there.

When we met up to check our bags before walking over to security together, I felt a little awkward. I have never been in this position before of going on a trip with someone so last minute that I don't already have like a strong relationship with. So, I really don't know how to go about this.

Do I talk to him about work? That's something we have in common. But then again, I am his boss, so that might be a little weird. Or do I go with one of those, wow the weather sure is nice today, comments to break the ice?

I'm sure Harry felt awkward too. His nervous and anxious energy that he radiates has yet to dissipate since we got on the flight.

I'm adorned in my usual flight attire. My hair is tied up in a ponytail that took me probably five seconds to do. And I'm wearing just a pair of leggings, an oversized hoodie, a pair of fuzzy socks, and just some regular old low top white vans.

Harry is wearing something similar. No doubt we both wanted to be comfortable during our flight to San Francisco. He has on a pair of low top black vans, some black Adidas soccer pants, and just a plain black Champion hoodie. I even noticed that he tied the hoodie strings into a little bow. I wonder why. It's kind of endearing.

It's weird seeing him not in his business casual work clothes that I usually see him in. I'm so used to seeing him around the office in a button up and khakis. But he probably is feeling the same about seeing me wearing these clothes as well.

We're flying first class currently, thanks to my company credit card. But on the way to The Hamptons we will be flying economy.

I hope Harry doesn't mind. He seems to be nearly a foot taller than me. I've heard some of my tall people friends talk about how much they hate flying economy because of the lack of legroom.

The flight I booked to San Francisco was for nine in the evening. Since there is a three hour time difference and the flight is in three hours long, we should be landing around nine in California.