Chapter 27~ Love Doesn't Run Dry.

Love is everything, yet nothing. There is love in the darkest, coldest corners in the earth. We must take it upon ourselves to be the light to find it.
-

"Police Station. I need you. Now." My voice broke as I spoke into the phone. I told Demi and Katy to leave after they dropped me off, as I wasn't sure how long I would take.
"I'm on my way." The line went static.
I wandered to behind the police station so nobody could see my breakdown. In some ways, isolation is the best comfort, there's no eyes to judge your raw emotions.
My breath caught in my throat, I could breath yet my lungs felt full of water.
Calm down. Breath.
I squeezed my eyes shut and covered my face with my hands, leaning against the wall and eventually sitting down.
Quiet sobs racked my body.
I should be happy, they got him.
They got him. It's over.
Though, in my heart, I knew it wasn't over.
A smile almost crept upon my lips, but I couldn't feel happy.

A pair of hands much bigger than mine pulled my hands away from my face.
"There she is." Pierce wrapped his arms around me, sitting on the concrete next to me.
I couldn't speak even if I wanted to. I just needed his presence, I needed the safety, the security.
His arms tightened for a few seconds, before letting go. He lifted my chin with his fingers, cupping my face with his other hand.
"Hey, you don't have to say anything. I'll always be here." He wiped away a tear that danced down my cheek.
We sat in the familiar comfortable silence, the silence I fell in love with. 
"They got him." I whispered.
"Got who?"
I shook my head, "Him."
He sat for a second, then realization hit him.
He leaned back, running a hand through his hair.
"I'll kill him." He spoke barely above a whisper.
"Don't, he's not worth it."
"You're worth it. He hurt you, he flew too close to the sun."
I stood up, wiping the tears from my face. If what he says is true, he's not worth crying over.
If I continue to focus on it, it'll continue to hurt. I can get better. For myself.
"God, you're beautiful." He says, still seated on the concrete.
I smile, I certainly didn't feel like it. My eyes were still red from crying, I felt like a mess.
"Mhmm" I rolled my eyes.
"What a plot twist you were."
____________________________

hello friends~
this chapter is quite short, 427 words to be exact. i find that the best work comes in short, but hard work.
i hope you are all doing well:)
i'm here when you need me, till next time..