Bonus Chapter: First Kiss

Walking along a gravel trail, Alan looked about his surroundings in silence, the sunlight peeking between branches and leaves as he passed underneath them. Daniel was on his left, appearing to be the guide along this whole ordeal. He was carrying a backpack, while Alan held a large water bottle in his hands.

"I haven't been to this park in a while..." Alan stated, his voice low as to not disturb the sounds of nature echoing around them. It was around Noon as they had driven to the park entrance after Daniel picked Alan up from his house, needing to hike the rest of the way to a part of the park. However, where they were heading was lost on Alan entirely, as Daniel wanted to keep it a secret.

"Really? I come here pretty often, as it's not too far from my house. I'll do some trail running with my dad and brother, when we have the time." Daniel responded, continuing down the path.

Of course your incredibly fit, rich and gorgeous family would do trail running. Granted, it keeps you all fine as hell. Alan thought to himself with a small smile on his face "I don't think I've been here since... I moved away."

"Ah, that's right. You switched districts because of what happened between you and Thomas." Daniel stated, glancing over at Alan as he did so.

A grimace came appeared Alan's face, then quickly went away as he recalled the incident in quick, vivid memories. "Yeah... haven't really had the need to come back here. We used to play as a group around here, so... once that happened, didn't see the point."

"That's understandable... I'm guessing you aren't ready to talk about that." Daniel spoke, slowing his pace as he did so.

"Not yet... sorry..." Alan replied with a weak smile, before seeing Daniel slow his pace to a halt. "What's up?"

"I think... it's here..." Daniel said, looking about himself and the scenery, his eyes scanning trees, rocks and small boulders nearby. Without much warning, he stepped off the path into the brush.

"Uh... what are you doing?" Alan asked, confused.

"We're heading to our spot." Daniel answered with a smile, looking over at Alan as he did so.

"It's... not on the trail?" Alan asked, still puzzled.

"Of course not. It's not too far from here, though. Probably about another 2-3 minute walk." Daniel replied, reaching over and taking Alan's right hand to pull him along.

"If I get killed or stabbed, and you live, I'm going to haunt you forever." Alan grumbled with a skeptical look, only to hear Daniel laugh.

"It's safe, I swear. That, and I don't think I would mind being haunted by you..." Daniel joked.

"Be careful what you say there, Wombat." Alan teased, following along behind Daniel as their hands remained locked. "So... where exactly are we going? Can you tell me now?"

"I'm actually surprised you don't know where we are already, Moogle. None of this is familiar?" Daniel asked, glancing back over his shoulder as he did so.

Alan frowned in uncertainty, looking around at the looming trees and rocks as they walked through the grass and brush. "Not a clue."

"Goodness... you would think you could remember the first time we met..." Daniel spoke with a sigh, a playful smile coming from him.

Alan's eyes widened in surprise, his pace picking up a bit to be right next to Daniel. "Wait... you remember exactly where we first met?"

"I do..." Daniel replied with a grin. "That's where we're headed."

At the confirmation of this, Alan's entire face turned a shade darker, his blush having gone from nonexistent to blatant. "Whoa... wowowowow.... Um... well.... I feel like shit now." Alan stuttered out, flustered.