Only Exception

Vic

It's been a few days since I took Harry to Canyon Ridge, and I've been able to get a few shoots finished and sent to clients and it felt nice to get ahead with my work and stay on top of things. Since my shoot with Harry I've been getting more and more requests for shoots in the studio, it felt weird being a "high demand photographer" at my studio... at least that's how Soph put it when I met with her in the studio after a shoot I had. The sound of the little bell out on my balcony rang and I sprung off the couch to see Arlo sitting in the box fort I made him. I slowly opened the door and stepped out taking a seat on the chair beside the table. I pulled my phone out and opened Twitter and scrolled a while on my news feed, there was a lot of posts about Harry and his new album, and his show with pictures from his show. Some taken by fans, others were photos I had taken that were posted on Harry's HQ social media pages, that the fans were reposting and spreading like a wild fire.

Arlo hopped up on the table beside me and sat down facing me, I smiled at him and placed my phone down on my lap.

"Remember that guy from like... a few weeks ago? That's Harry, he's my...friend. He's a friend... anyway, he's really amazing. I honestly really really like him, god that sounds so childish. He just feels like... he feels like home, ya know?" I asked Arlo and he just continued to sit there looking at me. "But... he doesn't feel the same way. To him we're friends, I don't think he really sees me past that. Like, yeah we kissed, but I don't think it really went beyond 'the best of the moment', I just... I know I'm not enough for him I guess? He's Harry Styles and I'm just... Victoria Townes. But when he says my name... pfft I feel larger than life, even if it's just for a second, it's everything." This is where I am in life. I'm talking to a cat...about a crush... nice.

"We've sitting in this weird... in between place for 4 months now. It's like... I can feel this tension, we both kind of know what we're doing but we also don't. Like the times we've kissed. I just know that I'm the only one hung up about this, and it kind of sucks but also, if I say something, it'll ruin whatever it is we're doing and I'll lose one of my best friends." I sighed and Arlo went from sitting beside me, to tucking his paws under him and laying down. My phone vibrated on my leg and I it up to see Harry's name.

From Harry:
Come over tonight? Around 5 maybe? I wanna show you something :)

"Speaking of, look who just texted me." I said to Arlo and opened the message. I wonder what he wanted to show me, not that it matters, I was just happy I got an invitation to come over again. I sent him back a message saying I'd be there and out my phone down on the table and looked at the cat. "You're a great listener." I said and chuckled to myself and reached out to pet him, when I got close he pulled his head back a little and I pulled away before trying again slowly. I lightly brushed my fingers over his head a couple times before I started petting him gently. "Oh...oh my god. Arlo, are we cool now?" I asked and he closed his eyes as I continued petting his head. We sat like for a moment until my phone vibrated startling the two of us, he jumped off the table and off the balcony to the small tree slightly below and jumped from there and ran off. It was an Instagram notification letting me know Harry had tagged me in a post.

It was a picture from the first time Harry took me to his spot to look at the stars and we got to see the sun just setting as the building began turning their lights on

It was a picture from the first time Harry took me to his spot to look at the stars and we got to see the sun just setting as the building began turning their lights on. I'll always remember that night. I just can't believe he posted it, and actually tagged me. My Instagram isn't very personal, it's mostly just posting shots from jobs I've worked. As the likes began to accumulate on the post I stated gaining hundreds of followers every few minutes, I decided to make my page private after gaining a couple thousand new followers. A couple thousand followers in 5 minutes... for being his friend.

5 o'clock rolled around and I pulled into Harry's driveway and sent him a text that I was there. I grabbed my stuff and stepped out of my car, locking it behind me as I walked to the garage door. Harry swung the small white door open and greets me with a large smile and a tight hug before pulling me into his house. I kicked off my shoes by the door and followed him up the wooden stairs and out of his garage.

"Harry Styles, I've been thinking about it all day and can't think of one thing you wanted to show me, I need you to hurry." I said sarcastically and he chuckled and dragged me to his recording room and sat me down on the rolling chair in front of the computer and leaned over from behind me and clicked on a file on his computer opening an audio.

"Victoria Townes, I've been working on something for you." He said softly in my ear and it sent chills down my spine. He kissed my cheek and pressed the okay button in the screen.

~• PLAY THE SONG NOW •~

"When I was younger I saw my daddy cry and curse at the wind. He broke his own heart as I watched as he tried to reassemble it. And my mama swore that she would never let herself forget. And that was the day I swore that I'd never sing of love that does not exist." He... he recorded himself singing this song... my song. His voice was so soft and comforting. I could feel my heart swelling with absolute joy, I felt so full. I turned my head a little to see him still leaning over me, his head next to mine. I turned back to the computer and continued listening. "Maybe I know somewhere deep in my soul that love never lasts, and we've got to find other ways to make it alone or keep a straight face. And I've always lived like this keeping a comfortable distance. And up until now I have sworn to myself that I'm content with loneliness. But none of  it was ever worth the risk..." hearing my favorite person, singing my favorite song, I couldn't have imagined this was his surprise for me, it's better than anything I thought it could've been. It was so beautiful, it's my new favorite.

As the song came to and end Harry clicked out of the audio file and I swiveled the chair around and he stood straight and had a sheepish smile on his face.

"Harry... that was just- I loved it." I got out and I stood up from the chair and wrapped my arms behind his neck as I hugged him. He wrapped his arms around my body and held me tightly. I pulled away a little, keeping my arms around his neck and smiled widely at him. I leaned in quickly and kissed him. He placed a hand on the back of my neck and pulled me closer, kissing me harder. I laced my fingers through his curly hair and tugged at the ends causing him to exhale hard. He walked me back and lifted my thighs a little and slid me back on his desk so I was sitting with him standing between my legs.

He had one hand gripping my leg and the other in my hair. He pulled away from kissing me for a moment and gave me a small smile and we looked into each other's eyes, I nodded gently and he kissed me again before dropping to his knees.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
BROOOOOOOO THIS CHAPTER REALLY TOOK A TURN I WASNT EVEN READY FOR.

He posted about her, recorded a cover of her favorite song, and... well

Genuinely had this chapter planned out different but as I wrote this I just leaned into what was happening and let it go, what do we think about it?!

Also, VIC FINALLY GOT TO PET ARLO!!!!

The song used is The Only Exception covered by Jacob Whitesides

Anyways,
All the love
-R