fifty nine

ELI'S POV.

Giovanni and I watched as Demitri and Adriano argued, just as they had been since we stepped through the front door behind them.

That was 20 minutes ago.

"You're a fucking idiot." Demitri stated, blowing out the smoke from his cigar.

"I didn't fucking think they would get suspended!" Adriano yelled, slamming his hands down on the kitchen counter in frustration.

"Did you think in fucking general?" Demitri shot back.

"I wanted them to get away from this environment! This obviously isn't the best place for two teenagers, it's just adding more stress!"

"So you send them to school?"

"I'll admit that was a bad idea but where else could they fucking go Demi? It's not like I can tell them to go take a walk and they're sure as hell not getting sent over Victoria's!" I watched out of the corner of my eye as Gio brought his hands together under the countertop and closed his eyes.

I know damn well he's not praying to god that we don't get sent to Victoria's right now.

He lip worded a silent 'amen' before opening his eyes again and glancing around, eyes widening a fraction when he figured out that I just saw him.

In return I gave him a deadpan stare.

Idiot.

Not even acknowledging our brothers screaming match anymore, I stood up from my seat and walked out of the kitchen, Giovanni followed close behind.

They're starting to give me a headache.

I didn't stop until I reached the last door in the hall, turning the knob and pulling the door open. Behind it were the carpeted steps that lead down to the basement.

Before Gio closed the door behind him, Hades trotted his was through, running passed me down the steps and situating himself on the large L-shaped couch.

I guess he didn't like the yelling either.

Glancing back at Giovanni, we both shrugged before making our way down the steps and sitting on the couch ourselves.

While I propped my feet up onto the ottoman, Giovanni leaned back into the cushion and sighed.
"I'm so tired of the arguing."

"Me too." I responded, massaging my temples to soothe the oncoming headache I was starting to feel.

We sat in silence for a while, Hades fell asleep sometime during then, I could hear his snores from where I was sitting .

You'd swear that's a human sleeping.

"Do you think we will?"

I hummed in question, glancing at Gio with a quirked eyebrow.

"Find them I mean, do you think we'll find them?"

I didn't have to think about my answer.

"I can't say that they'll make it out unharmed, but sooner or later we'll find a lead." I felt my lips twitch into a slight frown at the thought of Athena, Neptune and Bellamy. I can't even imagine they state they're in right now. "I know we'll find them. Alexei Kamenev isn't the brightest, an idiot to say the least, and sooner or later he'll fuck up something."

I cant say that I haven't had my doubts, it's almost been a week and we're trying to locate them with basically nothing. The worst possible outcomes cross my head 24/7 but I usually block them out.