chapter two: partner in crime

"These are the ugliest uniforms i've ever seen" I internally think to myself while checking myself out in the mirror.

I actually look kinda hot in this uniform though. I mean sure, the colors are horrid! But the skirt ends a couple inches after where my thighs meet. I'm surprised they allow such short skirts.

"ANNA!! ALEX AND I ARE GOING ON OUR TRIP! MAKE SURE TO GET TO SCHOOL SAFE! SEE YOU NEXT WEEK! LOVE YOU!!" My mother shouted up the stairs.

Of course my mom and alex are going out of town again. Alex is my step-dad. He's the reason why we have so much money now. He's a world known surgeon, but I still think my mom is too good for him.

Me and my parents have never had a good relationship. One day they're here and the next day they're gone for weeks due to Alex's job. You might be thinking that it's great that me- a 15 year old girl basically has no parents, so that means I can have all the freedom In the world right? Yes! but also no. Most the time it's amazing that I can get away with everything I do with no consequences, but at the same time It makes me sad that I missed out on the ideal childhood that everyone else had.

shit. I read my watch and i'm late for the first day. I run down the stairs and call my driver to take me to school. Ugh.

At Stone Garden High School drop off.

"Bye Anna!" My driver said as I shut the door of the car. I roll my eyes.
Sometimes he tries way too hard to get on my good side.

I approach the big doors of Stone Garden and think of my master plan of how i'm going to get kicked out of my 6th school. I evil laugh inside of my head, this school has no idea that Anna Anderson has entered the building.

I'm fifteen minutes late and to my surprise there are still some kids in the hallways looking for their class. Apparently i'm not the only new one this semester.

I walk down the hallways and look for room '148' English I.
As I walk past classroom after classroom looking for room '148' I stop and peek into room '145' the room next door to '148'

Room '145' is empty except for this girl probably my age is on the ground crying. I'm debating wether I should go in or wether I should mind my own business.

She is really really pretty. She has a tall slim body and beautiful flowing hair that looks like it smells like vanilla. Okay, I think I'm going to go talk to her. Screw being on time for the first day i'm already 20 minutes late.

I creak open the door not so quietly and the girl notices me. She quickly rubs her eyes and wipes her tears and stands up gathering her stuff ready to bolt out of there.

"Hey, um are you okay? I saw you crying and..."

The girl wipes her mascara stained eyes again "no no i'm fine" she says. "yeah sorry I was just um.." she looks around then looks at her feet "I got in trouble today and my mentor said the next time I cause trouble he won't let me play In the soccer game this week...I know it's stupid but.."

No way! She plays soccer?!

"You play soccer?" I ask her excitedly.

"Haha yeah." She chuckles.

"So do I! Are you on the schools team?"

"Go Tigers!!!" She shouts.

Tigers are the school mascot here. The only thing I was remotely exited about attending this school is the sports, this school has won almost every single soccer championship!

"Can you introduce me to the coaches? I really want to make a good impression on them so they can consider adding me to the team." I ask her.

This is so not like me...i'm usually not this polite.

"I got you, I got you" She says nodding her head.

I look at the clock and notice that now i'm 30 minutes late for class, and there's only 45 minutes per class.

"Oh crap, It's my first day and I basically skipped first period" I grab my backpack and sling it over my shoulder.

The girl asked me "This is your first day? I swear i've seen you before. What's your name?"

"My name's Anna. What's yours?"

"Kate."

Kate walks towards me crossing her arms.

"So, Anna, are you down to skip first period with me? I'll show you how the Stone Garden girls do it." She laughs.

I whisper scream "FUCK YEAH!!"

She shoves her books into her bag and leads me out of the classroom. I followed her down the grand hallway til she enters a bathroom. Kate goes into the big stall and motions for me to follow her, I lock the stall.

I see her shoveling inside of her book bag. She pulls out a pack of cigarettes and takes 2 out.

Damn this girl is cooler than I thought.

"Here." Kate says while holding one of the cigarettes in her mouth.

"Thanks." I grab it from her hand and wait for her to light it. I'm not usually a smoker but I have done it occasionally, so i'm not new at it.

She lights my cig then hers.

"We chillinn.." I say

"We chillinn.." Kate says back.

I let out a puff of smoke then ask "You do this often?"

"Everyday"

"Doesn't your mentor catch on? I thought they were strict about this stuff. Not that I care."

Kate leans against the blue bathroom stall. "One time my mentor caught me and spanked the living shit out of me, and that taught me a lesson. A lesson to be more careful snd not get caught the next time." She huffs out some smoke.

"I met my mentor a couple days ago and I can already tell he's going to be a pain in the ass. Litteraly." I sigh

"Really? Who do you have?"

"Mike." I roll my eyes.

Kates eyes widen "Shit girl what did you do to deserve such treatment. He's the strictest in the whole school!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah it's in my nature to cause trouble I guess. This is my 6th school and after I get kicked out of here, boarding school is next." I say like it doesn't scare me, but it does.

*ring* *ring* *ring*

"That's the bell" Kate says. She throws her cig in the toilet and I so do I, then we flush.

"What class do you have next?" Kate asks me while we walk out into the crowded halls.

"Biology, how bout you."

"Mr. Cadence?" she asks.

"Yeah, how did you know?" I chuckle.

"I have the same class!! No way, It's like we are meant to be friends."

I like her, I think to myself. She can be my new partner in crime. We approach biology class until a familiar face stops me dead in my tracks.

Crap

"Hello Anna! How are you today?" Mike asks sarcastically folding his arms while raising a brow.