•27•

I drove myself home this morning and put all my things away. It feels so good to be home, I missed it here.
I walk over to my parents house, having a little gift for lily that I got in LA. I walk inside, and my dad smiles happily at me. He's not used to me traveling without them, and going to LA with boys he barely knows definitely made him worry a bit.
"How was it?" He asks.
"Amazing." I say. "The hotel was great, shopping was great, Disney was beautiful."
I hear loud laughter, and I lift my brow.
"Who's here?" I ask.
"The youngest Holland kid. Lily's got quite the crush on him." My dad laughs.
"That's so sweet." I smile.
I'm sure paddy is a sweetie pie, just like his brothers. I head upstairs to give her the present I got, but stop right outside the door when I hear them talking quietly.
"We can go to my house, my parents have a date night every Friday." Paddy whispers.
"Are you sure we won't get caught?" Lily whispers back.
"Positive. I can steal condoms from Tom." He says and my eyes widen.
Oh my god my little sister is planning a sex date!
"No one can find out. My mum would kill me." Lily says and I quickly turn, and walk away.
I go downstairs quickly and my dad gives me a weird look, seeing the bag is still in my hand.
"They seemed busy so I'll just come by later, I've gotta go- bye!"
I go out the front door, and dial Toms number as I walk back to my house.
"Can't seem to stay away can you?" He answers and I roll my eyes at his cockyness.
"Our siblings are planning a sex date." I say.
"What?"
"Yeah. Sex. On Friday." I say. "My sister barely knows what sex is!"
"Paddy is just as clueless, they'll figure it out." He says nonchalantly and I scoff.
"Really? You don't care?" I ask.
"What's the big deal? They've got a crush and they want to have sex. It's normal." He states.
"Thomas my little sister doesn't need to be having sex." I say.
"Unless you plan on confronting their plans and butting into their business, there is no way to stop them. It's not gonna hurt them, let's just be happy they're not doing drugs or some shit."
I sigh, knowing he's right. At least they are planning on being safe and using protection, and she's doing it with a guy her age and not some creep. It will be fine.
"Alright.." I sigh. "I'll leave it alone."
"Good. Look I've gotta go- but I'll talk to you later." He says.
"Okay.. bye."
I hang up the phone, and sit on the sofa feeling pretty bored. I scroll through my contacts, and find April's number. I haven't chatted with her since we left for LA.
Eliana: hey, how's your Christmas break going?
As I wait for a response I go onto snapchat, and see Tom had just posted on his story. I click the circle and a photo pops up of him with some pretty brunette girl. This is why he had to get off the phone I guess. Who is she?
I practically drive myself crazy just staring at the photo. It's stupid how I feel almost hurt at the thought that he's hanging out with another girl. Having a crush is so dumb. I hate this.
I decide to try something. I take a Snapchat, and send it to him. He always answers quickly, so we will see how good he is at replying when he has another girl around.
God I'm so dumb. Why am I doing this?
April: it's going great, I want to hear all about your trip! Meet at the bakery?
I smile at the text, happy to have a friend.
Eliana: for sure! Meet me in 15?
April: perfect.
I get my shoes on, and grab my jacket and bag before heading out to the car. I drive to the bakery, getting there a tad bit early. Just as I'm about to get out of the car, I look inside to see Tom and the girl from his Snapchat sitting at a table talking.
Who the heck is this girl?!
I need to get out of here before he sees me. I pull out my phone, and text April.
Eliana: would you mind if I just came to you?
April: please, staying in my pajamas would be a blessing😂
She texts me her address, and I head off before I'm spotted. It looked like he was on a date.. except Tom doesn't do dates, or at least I thought he didn't. What if it was though?! I can't be into a guy who's dating another girl that's so messed up.
I drive to April's house, and walk up to the front door. A girl with jet black curly hair and the most amazing makeup I've ever seen opens the door and gives me a big smile.
"You must be Eliana! I'm Gianna!" She hugs me and I jump slightly, but hug her back.
"Sorry my girlfriend is a hugger." April says, and Gianna lets me go.
"Of course I'm gonna hug the girl that managed to make Tom Holland less of an asshole!" Gianna announces. "Did you know when we were in grade four he dunked some poor kids head in the loo? He was awful-"
"Come on inside." April says, nudging Gianna to the side slightly. She's energetic, but I like her.
I walk in, and she shuts the door behind me. Their house is so welcoming, there's plants just about everywhere, and everything has a very naturalistic feel to it.
"So why the sudden change of plans? Is everything alright?" She asks me as we sit.
"Well.. yes- and no." I say.
"Spill." She encourages.
"It's dumb.. like really dumb." I say.
"Girl I cried over dropping a bagel the other day it can't be dumber than that." Gianna laughs.
"So.." I start. I can't believe I'm about to admit this out loud to another person. "I have a thing for Tom."
She looks at me with a blank expression as if I didn't just say what I said.
"Yeah I know." She nods.
Well.. didn't realize it was so obvious.
"I saw him at the bakery with some girl this morning." I sigh.
"A girl? Who?" She asks.
"Maybe you guys have seen her before. She's on his Snapchat story." I inform them and they pull out their phones.
"Oh baby don't worry about her!" April laughs. "That's Charlotte, Haz's little sister. she's only sixteen and they're probably planning the big surprise party they have every year for Haz, it's an influencer thing."
Haz's little sister.. okay. I don't need to worry about her anymore.
"And he told me just the other day that we're friends and that's it."
They burst into laughter, and I shake my head in confusion. What is so funny about my misery?
"Oh sweetie he doesn't want to be just friends." Gianna laughs.
"He texted me the other night that he's 'falling for this girl' and he was obviously talking about you."
My eyes go wide, and she pulls out her phone to show me the text from him.
"That's when we had gone to bed." I say. I just don't know if this is about me or someone else, and who knows if he actually meant it.
"He wouldn't have said what he said if he wasn't into you." Gianna suggests.
"Just be careful with him. A relationship with him can be messy." April advises.
"Believe me I know how messy Tom can be. But I'd rather have a messy relationship than something that's not passionate."
I've been there before. For years I stayed with a guy I barely liked being around.. for once I just want to feel those butterflies in my stomach every time I'm with someone. And I feel that way when I'm with Tom.