Chapter 5

Xia had given up on the track she had been working on, starting a new one. Fixing it had been giving her the biggest headache she had ever encountered in her entire life, and there was no point dragging it on.

"Let's start with a beat." Xia mumbled to herself as she began experimenting, trying to find something that she could nod her head to.

She was alone at the table she normally occupied with Xiaojun, her friend sleeping in after another late night at work. Xia would be doing that too if Kun wasn't her ride and if her brother didn't have the annoying habit of needing to arrive at school half an hour before his first class, which was already a morning class.

Xia had a few more hours, which had passed by much faster than she expected as the girl got lost in her own music.

"Hey!" Xiaojun said as he suddenly slid into the seat beside her, making the girl jump as she immediately paused the track.

"Yah, you scared me!" Xia exclaimed, smacking the male on the arm as he chuckled.

"What's that?" Xiaojun said, staring at Xia's laptop screen. "That's not the one you were working on yesterday."

"I know, I just couldn't." Xia said, letting out a groan. "I can't fix it no matter how hard I try."

"I'm sure you'll get it eventually." Xiaojun said, before checking his phone. "Don't you have class soon?"

"Oh my gosh!" Xia exclaimed as she saw the time, beginning to shove all her stuff in her bag.

"Have fun!" Xiaojun called out as Xia ran out of the cafeteria, heading to her lecture as fast as possible.

...

Yangyang was having a great day. He had a nice meal with Ten and Hendery the night before, the three of them enjoying an extravagant meal, sponsored by Ten's prize money. His first class that day was also a late one, allowing him to sleep in.

The keyword there is was. Yangyang was having a good day until he bumped into his former music professor.

"Yangyang!" The professor called, and Yangyang knew that he couldn't ignore him. He was so loud that the other students had turned towards the old man, standing at the door to the lecture hall.

"Hello professor." Yangyang said, plastering a smile on his face but his professor didn't return it.

"You dropped music." The professor said, not sounding very happy. "Why?"

"Oh, I just have a lot on my plate and didn't want the stress of the double major." Yangyang said, hoping he would buy it. He was praying that the professor wouldn't ask what he was up to, as he would have no idea how to explain that he wanted to be a street racer to him.

"But you had such a great talent." The professor continued. "Even if you didn't enjoy classical music, your rap flow and the lyrics you wrote were both very good."

"Thanks?" Yangyang said, not exactly sure how to respond to that.

"Well, if you ever want to come in and do some song writing for fun, I think there are a few students that you can partner with and send your work off to some music producers." The professor said.

Yangyang noticed his eyes brighten as he caught sight of someone behind Yangyang. "Ah, there's one of them right there. Xia, come here!"

Yangyang turned around to come face to face with the girl that he had accidentally bumped into in the cafeteria a few days ago.

...

"Xia, come here!" Xia's music professor called out, and Xia prayed that she wasn't in trouble.