Xenophelius Lovegood

"We're going to Luna's house

"We're going to Luna's house."

y/n pov

Harry, Ron, and I all sat around a jar with a small ball of fire in it. 

Harry and Ron on the bunk and I leaning against the tent pillar on the floor.

"I've always liked these flames Hermione makes. H-how long do you reckon she'll stay mad at me?" Ron asked.

"Well, just keep talking about that little ball of light touching your heart, and she'll come around." Harry answered as he tapped Ron's chest.

"It was true." Ron laughed. "Every word."

He looked to see if Hermione was listening before continuing.

"This is going to sound crazy, but I think that's why Dumbledore left it to me, the deluminator. I think he knew that, somehow, I'd need it to find my way back, and she'd lead me."

I am so winning that bet with the twins.

"y/n's feather is the only thing Dumbldore left for us that we haven't yet figured out." Harry said.

He and Ron both turned to me.

"Don't look at me. I'm just as clueless to how a feather from a pureblood pet could help any of us in any way at all." 

"Have you tried raising your wand to it? Or a revealing spell?" Harry asked.

"Yes and so much more, but still, nothing."

If I could just get into the Hogwart's library or my father's study, I'm sure I could figure out the feather in no time. I can't go to those places for obvious reasons though, so I'm just being ok with not knowing for now.

"I'm getting worried." Harry started. "What if we don't figure it out before it's too late?"

"How do you mean?" Ron asked.

"Well, you heard Dumbledore. He left the feather in hopes y/n would realize what it means before it's too late."

I hadn't even thought about that part. 

"What happens when it's too late?" I asked nervously.

No response. We all just looked around at each other, hoping someone would have an answer.

"I-i'm sure it will be fine." I tried to wave off. "We'll figure it out. We don't even know if there really is anything to worry about. Therefore, no reason to stress over it."

Though that made complete sense, I don't think any of us were really convinced by it.

"Bloody hell, Harry, I just realized. You need a wand, don't you?" Ron asked.

"Yeah." 

"I've got on here." Ron dug through his backpack and handed Harry a twisted black wand with little curves on it. "It's a blackthorn. Ten inches. Nothing speical, but I reckon it'll do."