Couldn't stop thinking (Jaehyun)

The library was boiling to the brim with students. As was expected around this time of the year, the exam season. Y/N had no choice but to sit in the students' lounge which was less crowded in comparison.

Her stomach was tied in knots as she flipped through her physics notes and it was not because of the approaching exams. The cause of her nervousness arrived and plopped down beside her on the carpet, placing his books on the low-lying round table.

"Did I keep you waiting?" Jaehyun, her senior, asked. "I swear I came right after class."

Y/N smiled at him, "it's alright. I got a chance to review my notes." She left out the part of barely reading anything because of the tension. "I'm just thankful you agreed to help me out, sunbae."

"Not at all," he smiled, making dimples appear in his cheeks. As he answered all her queries, Y/N wondered how he was so calm. Was she the only one who had felt the tension between them that had been budding for a month?

Exactly how many times had they randomly made eye contact during lectures? How many times had she caught him staring at her? But most importantly, what happened two days ago...

The two of them were sitting side by side in a cafe when something got in Y/N's eye. She blinked rapidly but it was still irritating her. "Let me see," Jaehyun had said after noticing her predicament. He held her face in both of his hands and tried to see what had gotten into her eye.

As it turned out, it was a stray eyelash. But even after getting it out, Jaehyun kept his hold on her face. He glanced down at her lips, making her heartbeat escalate. He slid his thumb across her cheek and brought her face closer.

And then his phone had rung, killing the moment, the atmosphere, and her anticipation.

But what annoyed her the most was that Jaehyun kept acting like nothing was amiss. He was his usual cool self without as much as a hint of awkwardness. Was she the only one who couldn't stop thinking about him?

"This should be enough for today, I think," Jaehyun said, jarring her out of her thoughts.

"Right." Y/N collected her things from the table and stuffed them in her bag. "I know you have your exams too. And helping me out like this..."

"Eh, don't mention it."

They walked out of the library and took the staircase instead of the elevator. Their hands brushed together as they walked but Y/N decided to ignore it completely. She even kept herself one step ahead of Jaehyun to avoid any further contact.

A gasp escaped her lips when Jaehyun suddenly grabbed her arm, causing her to stop. He moved around her to descend the steps. Even when he was standing one step below her he had a couple of inches on her, reminding her of how short she was. No, she wasn't short... Jaehyun was just tall.

What surprised her the most was his gaze. Heated. He looked at her as if he might devour her at any moment. He cupped her face and said, "my phone won't ring this time."

"Okay," she replied without realizing it. Jaehyun brought his mouth on hers and kissed her slowly, deeply, and made every nerve in her body tingle.

When they broke apart she felt lightheaded. Jaehyun smiled down at her and pushed a lock of dark hair behind her ear. "I'm sorry if this was too sudden," he began. "I just couldn't stop thinking about this for two days." Y/N didn't have an answer for that. She smiled and looked away, her face completely flushed.

"Let's go," Jaehyun said, pulling her by the hand. "We still have a lot to study."

Y/N followed him and couldn't help but hope that every study session ended like this.

xxx

Thank you @classic-bebe for requesting this!

Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed it!