ELEVEN

By the morning, all four girls were sandwiched into Caroline's bed, sleeping mostly peacefully until Elena's cell phone goes off, waking them all up

Violet opens her eyes as she feels the warmth she had next to her all night is gone. As her vision clears up, she realises that said warmth was Caroline. Literally. The two had somehow made it into each other's arms during the night.

Caroline promptly pushes Elena out of bed, mumbling a 'go away'.

Elena just grunts as she lands on the floor and looks back up at Caroline, angrily. She crawls across the floor towards her phone and takes it off the dresser.

"Hello?" She answers

Caroline and Bonnie look over at Elena from Caroline's bed, both incredibly annoyed with being awaken. Violet does the same, except she grabs a pillow and throws it at Elena's head, "Elena." She whines, "Shush."

Elena just glares at Violet but drags herself out of Caroline's room and continues her conversation in the hallway. Violet groans loudly and buries her head in Caroline's chest, deciding that a) she will literally die if she listens to one more minute of her best friend flirting with the woman that looks like her sister and b) she doesn't want to be awake.

Violet somehow manages to fall asleep almost instantly, which makes Caroline look down at the vampire with a soft but tired smile, ignoring Bonnie's knowing look.

*
A little while later, the remaining three went to the Grill together, with Caroline and Violet on one side and Bonnie on the other.

"Okay. So tell me about this big, witchy plan you've been cooking up." Caroline says

"We still don't know the extent of what Elijah's up to." Bonnie starts

"No, we don't." Caroline nods

"I know Elijah, and he only ever does two things. 1) Kill Klaus or 2) Protect Klaus." Violet says

"Can you get in contact with him?" Bonnie asks

Violet shook her head apologetically, "Apart from a few random short times, I haven't really spoken to Elijah since around the 60's. I have no idea how to contact him."

"Are you sure he hasn't changed since then? He could be up to something completely different?" Caroline questions

"Believe me sweetheart, I knew him for 500 years. He has stayed the same the whole time, I don't think 50 years is gonna change him that much."

"Well that brings us back to square one, so I'm gonna ask Luka to tell me what he knows." Bonnie explains

"And he's not gonna tell you anything."

"I didn't say he was gonna have a choice." Bonnie says with a small smile

Caroline looks past Bonnie, seeing Tyler. He walks closer to her but she stands up and walks further away, but Tyler catches up to her. Violet doesn't listen to what they're talking about, but from the looks on their faces it doesn't look like their relationship has a lot of time left.