| 31 | confrontation

This chapter is dedicated to Dia_Baniya for being one of the first people to read my story

This chapter is dedicated to Dia_Baniya for being one of the first people to read my story. I appreciate your support more than you'll ever know. Y'all should go and check out her story in her bio too.

SIX YEARS AGO

I struggled to control the agonizing ache in my chest.

Every time we crossed paths in the halls, the ache magnified causing my lungs to stop functioning.

His eyes turned cold and he never acknowledged my existence from then.

An unapproachable aura surrounded him as his gaze always dropped to the floor with his hands tucked in his pockets.

His locks would always cascade his forehead making it difficult to trace the complete facial expressions I longed to see.

If he thought he was the one suffering, he was incognizant of the inner turmoil I was battling daily.

You could tell who the better actor between us was.

The day I was in a hurry to retrieve my textbooks from my locker to avoid being late to class; was when Stalon stood beside my locker with his arms folded.

Pretending like his belligerent gaze held no effect on me, I secured a blank expression.

This new sight of him could only be related to what his best friend told him.

"What kind of a person are you?" Stalon spat in a venomous tone as the flames in his eyes was enough to paralyze me on the spot.

Clutching my textbooks, I refused to meet the incensed look in his eyes.

"How do you even live with yourself after everything you did?" Stalon persisted in antagonization; drawing the attention of others.

All I could do was stand statue-still.

For once, I was willing to let him treat me as his punching bag.

"I had my doubts about you this entire time," Stalon snarled, almost summoning the waterfalls hidden behind my gaze, "the moment he was infatuated by you, I discouraged it because girls like you can't be trusted."

My solemn eyes shifted to his in an instant, "Then what does that say about us being friends? Is it not enough to hear my side of the story?"

A sardonic chuckle escaped him, "Please, the only reason we became friends was because of Ludovic. I have no interest in hearing your lies when you've already been exposed."

I tried my best to cease my hands from trembling but it was harder than I thought as I felt entrapped in his piercing grey eyes.

And the worst part was people were around to witness the scene.