5|Speak

Alexei's POV:

Happiness has never been something that I associated with. My brothers love to call me bitter. Father became very neglectful towards us, I understood why. He had lost his daughter and wife, but I think he forgot that so did we and we lost our father too in the process. I will always respect Adrik for stepping up as our older brother. The twins were babies and he took care of us all.

I always wondered if father never met Dasha would he have stopped neglecting us. I resent my father that may be the reason for my bitterness. My anger gets the best of me, I've gone to therapy but I only did it for Adrik. I saw the pleading look he gave me when they first brought it up.

Life has been going better, normality for me has been restored. Then something happened.

She was alive and she was coming into our lives. We mourned for her, and part of me blamed her for the state that our father was in. I knew it wasn't her fault she wasn't even alive, but part of me needed to blame her. I hated myself for thinking that way. She is the last person I would ever want to hurt, but I knew that the voices would take over.

~

I parked my car in the garage, I wasn't supposed to be home this early. I knew that at this time everyone was busy so the house would be lonely. Adrik informed us he was bringing her, but he never specified when.

I scanned my thumb to open the door in the garage that leads into the house. I hummed making my way to the kitchen I was starving and Rosalie made the best food. I walked in and something caught my eye more like someone. There sat a girl on the kitchen island with her back faced to me. She had black hair, I was confused about who she was.

"Who are you? Hello, are you deaf I said who the fuck are you." My voice slightly raised as I saw her eyes widen as she stared at me. She looked familiar. Immediately Rosalie came in front of me and took me out of the kitchen.

"You did that for what?" I looked at her and scoffed. Don't get me wrong I respected Rosalie.

"Alexei watch your tone, you seriously don't see the resemblance that is Anastasia. Look there are somethings that you need to know."

"I don't really give a shit." I rolled my eyes and she smacked me making me put my arms up in surrender. I couldn't deny that she looked exactly like Adrik.

"Look she doesn't talk, she uses a whiteboard or sign language to communicate. I want you to be respectful if I so much as hear something foul come out your mouth you won't like the consequences."

"It's not my fault she's a mute weirdo, but since I don't want to get on your bad side I will refrain from making comments." After I said that I heard shuffling in the kitchen and I was met with her big doe eyes that held so much hurt. She instantly avoided my gaze.

Anastasia's POV:

I would be lying if what he said didn't hurt me. I mean this isn't the first time I have heard those words, after hearing them for so long you just become numb. I knew he was my brother I saw him in the pictures around the house. I guess that's why it hurt, but I can't expect a lot from people.

Rosalie turned around giving me a look of pity, I just kept my face neutral.

"Come on honey let's go back to making you some food, Alexei good luck making your own." She said sending him a glare and ushering me back into the kitchen. He grunted and left.

Rosalie made me a really good sandwich might I add. I heard footsteps and I knew who it was. Lila asked to speak to me in the kitchen alone.

"Everything is good, I have to catch my flight to Montana soon. I will be back in around 3 months to make sure everything is good. Call me if you need anything or if you don't feel safe. I trust that this will be a good home for you."

"Thank you so much Lila for everything I appreciate you." I write it down on my whiteboard. We hug and she leaves.

This is it. I might not be close to my demons but they will forever haunt me. I had to hide the real monster I am, it will forever be part of my dark past.

"Come on Ana let me show you to your room." I am suddenly interrupted by my thoughts. I smile at Adrik's nickname, I've never had one.

He leads me up the stairs, the railing is made of glass which sort of freaks me out. We made it to the end of the long hallway and he opened the white door. My eyes grew wide at the room in front of me.

"You like it." I nodded and smiled at him.

"Okay, Ana I have some work to do, why don't you rest and I'll call you down when the rest of your brothers come home. I laid down some comfier clothes that belong to one of the twins. I'll take you shopping soon so don't worry." He tells me and I did the unexpected.

"Thank you," I whisper out I haven't talked in years my voice came out croaky. He gave me a shocked look.

"It's nothing okay, now go on and rest."

He left me in the room, I changed into some huge sweatpants and a t-shirt that was way too big. I threw myself onto the bed and I drifted off.

I could be happy.

-unedited
Please comment and vote:)!