II

so that's his name, interesting.

"y/n i would prefer, the next time you leave l'manburg, to bring someone with you." wilbur announced, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"for your safety, you don't know what could be out there." niki added with a melancholy smile.

i guess that made sense, ive only been here for a month or so, i've hardly explored beyond l'manburg.

"okay, i will." i gave them a weak smile and headed towards my bedroom. the spruce door creaked open and i wandered in, falling back onto the soft white sheets that covered my bed.

i rolled over, placing the basket down on the chest beside me. i stretched my aching muscles, breath hitching at the sudden pop in my shoulder. i suppose sleeping against a tree isn't the best for your body.

i gripped the sheets and pulled them close to my face, snuggling down into them. the warm glow of a torch dimly lit my room as i drifted off to sleep, yet again.

~*~*~*~

"tubbo that was the last piece of bread you dick!" a muffled yell was heard, presumably from tommy.

i shook my head, burying it further into my pillow. i began to drift back to sleep until my door was busted open by a raging blonde teen.

"y/n!! tubbo ate the last of the bread and im hungry!!" he shouted, a concerned tubbo came barging in after him.

"y/n was asleep, you woke-" tubbo began, clutching the hem of tommy's red and white shirt.

"you shouldn't have eaten my bread." he huffed at his friend.

i sat up in a daze, lifting my legs over the side of my bed and standing up.

"if you leave me to get changed, i will go out and buy some more bread, okay tommy?" i questioned, slightly annoyed.

he nodded with a smile and pulled tubbo out of my room, slamming my door shut. i let out an exasperated sigh and ran a hand through my hair.

i opened my dresser, rummaging around for something to wear. i pulled out a pair of black trousers and a white shirt.

slipping off my original attire, i dressed myself in the shirt and trousers, fixing myself in the mirror that hung by the door.

i nodded at myself, adding a thick belt around my waist and my potion pouch to my left side.

grabbing my dark red cloak, i left my room and walked into the kitchen to find tommy and tubbo scavenging for food.

"oi let's go, market time." i clapped my hands together, alerting the boys. tubbo stood up and walked to my side.

"i have training with wilbur in a few minutes, ill see you later." the blonde grinned as the brunette and i left the house.

l'manburg was bursting with life, people littered the streets chatting and laughing.

"how come you don't have combat training with wil today?" i questioned the younger boy at my side.

"tommy claims it's a 'brother thing' today or something" he frowned.

i hooked my arm around his shoulders and smiled, "well how 'bout you and i do something fun today instead." i ask and his face lights up.

"can we go and find bees?" he questioned excitedly.

"of course tubbo, market first and then we can head to the valley."

the young teen locked hands with me, pulling me in the direction of the market. the autumn breeze flowed through the town, catching cloaks and wisps of hair.

we manoeuvred through the large crowds of people who were waiting to buy and sell things at the numerous stalls.

"oh over here y/n!" tubbo dragged me towards a bakery stall. two men around my age stood inside chatting to eachother, both wearing stained aprons.

"hello- i wish to purchase...hmm two loaves of bread." i point in the direction of the wheat goods.

the men broke conversation and turned my direction.

"yes of course- hey tubbo!" the shorter of the two men called out. tubbo turned around to face them.

"big Q, karl! how's it going" tubbo beamed at them. im assuming they know each other well.

i stood, fiddling with my thumbs as tubbo spoke to the men before us. 'big q' wore a black beanie and a blue shirt, his white apron hung from his neck. i eyed the guy beside him, 'karl' was slightly taller, with brown fluffy hair, he wore a hooded violet shirt, his apron tied around his waist.

smiling at the boys, i glanced around to take in the market. it was quite overwhelming if you weren't used to l'manburg. the smells and colours invaded my senses.

"now tubster don't be rude, introduce us to your friend." the dark eyed man smiled my way.

tubbo quickly linked his arm with mine. "oh yes, quackity, karl, this is y/n, y/n has been here little over a month."

i smiled at the men in front of me. "nice to meet you both." i nod.

quackity reached for my hand, pressing a kiss to it. i blush slightly at the contact.

karl hands me the loaves of bread and i pay, we say our goodbyes and walk away from the market.

"bee time?" tubbo asks, his blue eyes shining in the sun.

"bee time."

a/n - the plot will build up once more characters have been introduced, thank you for the reads & votes <3