Chapter 53

An expressionless look was visible on Taehyung's face as he listened to the officer in front of him firing questions at him. The brunette had been sitting in this small dark room for at least two hours now and all the officer in front of him had done was trying to get as much information out of him as possible.

"So Taehyung, do you recall where you were taken after you got kidnapped and pushed into the helicopter?" The female police officer spoke in a friendly tone while a fake smile was clearly visible on her face. The woman looked to be around her 50's and she wore her long black hair in a tight bun on her head. A stern look was visible underneath the woman's glasses and she looked like she knew exactly how she had to get information out of anyone. Too bad for her that Taehyung wasn't willing to give her any information.

The moment the young lawyer's parents had left yesterday the brunette had decided that he wasn't going to snitch on his friends. There was a big possibility that Taehyung would never see them again but that didn't mean that he would just give all their secret information to the cops. Jungkook and the others had trusted the brunette to join them when Taehyung was still living in the Jeon Tower and even now that they had removed themselves from his life the young lawyer wasn't willing to break their trust. You don't turn your back on people who you consider part of your family.

"I don't remember." The brunette answered, an empty look visible on his face. This whole visit here was pointless to the brunette. He wasn't going to say anything and the woman in front of him was slowly getting more and more frustrated. Annoyed the police officer pinched the bridge of her glasses before she created a fake smile on her face again and looked at Taehyung as if he was a little kid.

"What did Jeon's masked accomplices look like?" the stern looking woman asked before she put the papers in her hands on the metal table in between Taehyung and herself. The brunette briefly looked up before locking eyes with the police officer in front of him. She must be tired too. The woman had been firing questions at Taehyung non stop without even getting one answer from the boy.

Slowly Taehyung began to shake his head before a small smile made it's way onto his head. The thought of his friends faces and personality made him happy but also sad at the same time. The fact that he would never hear Jin laugh like there was no tomorrow hurt him. He would never see Jimin brush his hand through his blonde curls again. He wouldn't even feel Jungkook's touch again. It had only been a day without those boys in his life but he already missed them like crazy and he definitely would do anything to get them back.

"I don't know." The brunette lied, the clear image of his friends faces still in his mind. A soft sigh immediately left the older woman in front of him and she closed her eyes briefly before standing up form the metal chair she was sitting on. "Thank you for your time Mr. Kim. We will make sure to let you know if we need more information about this case." The woman lied while that fake smile of hers was once again present on her face.

Softly Taehyung nodded his head before he quickly headed out of the police station. Of course the woman hadn't been happy with him. He was her best chance at finding Jungkook and all Taehyung had given her was nothing, absolutely nothing. There hadn't even been one bit of information she could use to track Jungkook down because the brunette had simply answered all the questions she had asked with a 'I don't know'.

A soft sigh left Taehyung's mouth as cold fresh air hit his face the moment he stepped out of the building he had been in. Even though it was pretty cold, the sun was shining brightly and a small smile made it's way onto the brunette's face. Weather like this was always a sight to see from Jungkook's apartment and he hated how he was missing the beautiful view right now.

Slowly the young lawyer began to walk home while putting his hands in the pockets of his coat. The boy had told his parents that he would give them a call the moment he got home so that they could have dinner together because truth be told, Taehyung had missed his mom's cooking a lot. Of course he had been fed well back when he was living with Jungkook, but his mom's cooking just hit differently. It gave him flashbacks to their life at the farm in Daegu and that was probably exactly why Taehyung loved it so much.