19

THE FRED WEASLEY EFFECT

_____________

I sat next to Liv and Pauline, in one of the corners, with Neville and other two boys from his year.

The competitors were preparing themselves for the task. They had to rescue one of their loved ones from down the lake where the merpeople were keeping them. All of them looked pretty nervous, even the stoic Krum. The whistle sounded and the four of them jumped into the lake.

"I've killed Harry Potter!" Neville cried out when he couldn't see Potter in the depths of the water.

"You did not, Nev. Give him a moment." I said, trying to convince him and myself that Potter was okay.

Not even two seconds later, Harry did a great cartwheel out of the water showing the effect the Gillyweed had on him.

While we all waited for the champions to do their task, my eyes flew to Weasley who was sat a few seats away from me. Obviously, he was next to his brother George and his little sister - Ginny, I think. He had his binoculars in his hand while looking completely entertained to the water and biting his lower lip, concentrated and amused. I couldn't help but remember the taste of his lips, the way his tongue played with mine and how he touched my naked skin with those slim vein-marked hands. I was still hungry for him and deeply I knew that hunger was not going to stop. His coat let free the skin in his neck, which was covered in little scars and moles that I wanted to kiss so bad.

"Lilith," Liv called me, taking me out of my daydream. "Are you okay? What are you looking at?"

"Nothing!" I said louder than I pretended. My mind was too busy to think about an excuse for staring at Fred Weasley.

But, what kind of best friend I'd be if I didn't tell Liv and Pauline about what happened?

"Girls, once the task is over, come with me to the Slytherin common room. I need to talk with you."

Pauline whistled, joking.

"Wow, girl. You sound so dramatic. What on Earth did you do?"

✵ ✵ ✵

"YOU DID WHAT?!" Pauline screamed and nearly fell off my bed.

"I kissed him," I whispered again. The thunders could be heard outside of my window. It was nearly midnight and I even skip dinner at the Hall just not to see Weasley." Well, he kissed me...We kissed." I corrected myself.

Liv had an eyebrow raised, looking discreetly amused while Pauline had a full shock face and almost couldn't believe it. She let escape a little nervous chuckle.

"Wow, I wasn't expecting that."

I let them assimilate the news while I took one of the blueberries biscuits Liv baked for me.

She knew about me skipping dinner time and made me my favourite sweet in the world. The mere taste and smell of blueberries made me happy, it reminded me of the few happy moments I had in my early childhood where my grandmother, Eileen Prince, cooked them for me. When my mother got to Azkaban, Eileen was too old to take care of me but Severus used to take me to visit her three times a year until she died when I was nine. My times with her were pretty happy since she was trying to recover her relationship with her offspring after her abusive husband abandoned her. Apparently, it was a family thing...

I still remember Severus' face one of the times he came home to take me back to the Arambella house and found me covered in blueberries. It was his favourite sweet as well when he was a child.