Part one [funeral]

As carefully as possible you scooped up the dead bug from the tangled grass. It was a wasp. It probably died quite recently seeing as it did not instantly fall apart in your hands. Standing up from your crouching position you swept the playground with your gaze. For a second you debated whether or not to use the empty sandbox but you quickly abandoned that idea and opted for the area around the swings instead. For some reason, there was also sand there, maybe the adults just enjoyed seeing kids take a good bite of it as they fell off the swings.

You crouched down in the sand and placed the bug down before digging your fingers into the mushy gravel and scooping up a small hole. With a layer of respect, you took the dead bug and gingerly placed it at the bottom of the gash, picking out chunks of sand from underneath your nails with an uncomfortable groan.

"Ew! Why are you burying a wasp!?" You heard someone's voice call out.

It was a kid at the age of about four. With pale skin and ashy blonde hair that stuck out from his head like the skin of a durian. The boy's eyes were red just like his thin lips that were now twisted in a displeased frown.

"Wasps are annoying and loud!" The boy pressed, crossing his arms over his chest.

For a few seconds, you simply stared at him blankly before your gaze moved back down to the small funeral. "Well you're loud and annoying but I'm sure your parents would burry you if you died."

"Wha-" the male looked at you with wide eyes, stuttering through his words.

He was babbling something incoherent so you simply muted him out, going back to the task at hand. Taking the patch of sand and covering the hole back with it before pressing your hands down onto it, making sure that it's sturdy.

"Hey, are you listening to me!?" The blonde's squeaky voice once again reached your ears. You were about the same if not the same age as him and yet it still looked like you were talking to some bratty toddler and not a peer.

With a sigh leaving your lips you looked back up at the male. "I am not." You simply answered. He was about to start yelling again but before he could do so you simply stood up, turned around, and started walking away. "Please go home." You muttered.

"Hey, creepy eyes don't ignore me!" You felt his small hand tug at your sweater making you stop in your tracks. He was surprisingly strong, most certainly stronger than you.

You turned around and quirked one of your eyebrows in question. "Creepy eyes?"

"Y-Yeah." The boy pouted awkwardly, pointing at your iris with his chubby finger.

Your eyes were most certainly different but you never thought of them as scary. They had unusually enlarged pupils and the thin iris's around them were decorated in swirly designs of red, blue, and green color.

You didn't know what to answer so you let your gaze travel down only to see that the blonde boy was now standing on top of the makeshift bug coffin, digging the back of his heel into it