Chapter 29

It was raining heavily outside. At least someone was crying for our lost friend. The water droplets fall like they simply cannot think of anything better to do. There is a laziness about them, as if they can barely be bothered to conform to the will of gravity. Clyde had turned himself in. The abductor of Serena had been finally found. It was pretty overwhelming for all of us when our parents got to know that we were all involved in this murder.

Today was the D-day. The 'questioning' day.

I clutched the string of my hoodie tightly while waiting for Jimin to arrive in the police station. Jungkook, Rachael and Taehyung were already sitting beside me, all of our parents not sharing a word with each other and staring at their kids with a petrified look. Actually, they were beyond frightened.

Coming to a police station because your kid was involved in a murder case wasn't something they experienced every single day. My shoulders relax and my mind quietens and I sink deeper into my chair. I sit and listen to the rain grow heavier and more confident until I'm sure that this is the only thing I should be doing until it's my time to get interviewed. Agent Rei, the one who was about to question us, entered the waiting room in her uniform, her hair tied in a lose ponytail.

"Seems like Mr. Park hasn't arrived yet. We'll have to begin the questioning without him I guess." She said boldly. My mother gave me a nod and patted my shoulder, her look giving me a sense of hope.

Taehyung, the first person to be interviewed was about to enter the questioning room when suddenly the door of the waiting room opened and a tired looking, wet Jimin entered. Jimin was the kind of person who cares a lot about his friends. His loved ones mean a lot to him. Judging by the site of the dark bags he had under his eyes, he suffered the most out of all of us.

"I'm sorry. I had something important to do." Jimin admitted, while panting. "Hm. I don't know what can be more important than a murder case which you were involved in." Agent Rei snapped. I had a strong urge to say something to her because she doesn't know how it feels to be in our shoes, but I ignored.

I saw Jimin's hands turn into fists, but being a patient guy he is, he let it go.

————————————————————————————————-
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
INTERVIEW BETWEEN AGENT REI AND KIM TAEHYUNG
JANUARY 5, 2021, 4:36PM

R: I'd like to go over what happened on the day after Halloween. 1st November, Sunday. Is that alright?

TH: Of course.

R: You spent one night and one day at Clyde's cabin?

TH: Yes.

R: You go there regularly?

TH: No.

R: So, was it your first time?

TH: Yes.

R: How do you know about Clyde?

TH: He was in my photography club.

R: Were you two close?

TH: Not really.

R: Oh, how about Mr. Stein?

TH: Cole and me weren't very close. We gradually became friends.

R: How did you meet Mr. Stein?