Chapter 13: Lovers reunited

Oscar

Resting my head on the door, I let my eyes fall shut in relief of the love of life coming back me to safely.

I had watched Cole struggle to carry her in carefully. My hand gently brushed against hers whilst she lay unconscious in his arms. How broken she looked.

"Bro, you should be in there. She should be waking up soon".

I looked at Cole who was leaning against the kitchen door frame with a bag of frozen peas on his bloodied nose.

"She got you good" I chuckled as he shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"Damn bitc- girl broke my nose".

Normally I would lash out at anyone calling her a bitch, but he deserved it. Besides, I was still overjoyed at the fact that Eleanor and the baby was safe and away from Brian.

Looking back at the closed door blocking me from my beautiful woman, I sighed heavily.

"I may not know much, but why do you seem hesitant to be with her?" Cole asked.

Cole walked over to me and rested his hand on my shoulder.

"Not going lie, but I'm terrified. She's gone through hell, she's had to do things a normal person wouldn't. What if she still hates me after everything I did to her? I just, I don't even know what to say to her or what to do when she wakes up".

Cole let out a breathy laugh making me look at him unimpressed by his lack of brotherly support.

"Is the Oscar Hendricks scared of a little woman? Wow".

"Hey, that little woman broke your nose and left scratches all over you. You wanna go in there?" I replied with a smirk. Cole's smug expression vanished and instantly shook his head from left to right.

"N-Nah, I'm good. I'll go make some food for her for when she wakes up. But seriously, get in there. That Oscar, is the love of your life. The woman is carrying your baby. Believe me, she may be broken, but one look at you and you'll fix her".

Cole went to turn away, but I grabbed him by his shirt making him look back at me confused by my actions.

"Thank you. Thank you for bringing her back safely".

Cole looked down and smiled. I knew it was killing him because of everything he put her through, but without him, Eleanor would be shipped off to a cruel twisted man with my baby ready for a life of suffering.

"That's what brothers are for" he replied before excusing himself off to the kitchen.

Looking back at the bedroom door, I took one last deep breath before walking in and closed the door gently behind me.

As soon as I stepped into the room, I felt like I was finally home. I would recognise the smell anywhere. It was her Marc Jacobs daisy dream perfume that she put on every single day. Sitting in the chair next to the door, I looked over at the love of my life through watering eyes.

I couldn't control the tears as I looked at her thin frame, but protruding stomach. I wanted to go to her, I wanted to wake her up with kisses. But Brian convinced her that I was dead. I had to be slow and cautious as to not bring her and the baby anymore stress.

But before I could comprehend what was happening, she began to stir on the bed.

My heart began to race as she slowly pushed herself up on the bed and stared around the dark bedroom.

"No. No, no, no, no" she cried out clutching her hair with soft cries escaping her mouth, getting louder by the minute.

"Sweetheart, it"-